“The worst stay we have ever experienced in a hotel or motel”
Review of Motel 6 Naperville

Motel 6 Naperville
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Heartland Illinois
“The worst stay we have ever experienced in a hotel or motel”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We experienced the following problems:
1) I am a disabled veteran with blood clots in each lung and requested a no smoking room. When we went into the room, it was very apparent a recent occupant had smoked quite a bit. Taris assigned us another room on the second floor. When I got off the elevator, two people were smoking in the hallway and the room smelled worse than the first room. We ended up taking the room on the first floor. Your house keeping personnel should report smoking in a non-smoking room and some effort should be made to evacuate the smoke.

2) Our room was not made up on two separate days. On another day they took our towels, but only returned one bath towel, one hand towel and no bath mat. Also, three days without supplies. We had to go to the front desk for soap and toilet paper. When we arrived to find the room had not been made up, we went to the desk clerk. All she did was give us your card and offered no solution to rectify our problems.

3) Three people were in the parking lot after midnight. They were drinking beer and were very loud. We had to get up early, so I called the desk to see if they could ask them to quiet down. No one ever answered the phone. Finally, I got dressed, went outside and asked them if they could hold it down a little. They immediately became confrontational. Reasonable efforts should be made by your staff to keep noise levels reasonable for other guests.

4) The breakfast area was routinely out of different things and we would have to go to the desk to ask for milk, yogurt, bagels, etc.

5) Bed was small and uncomfortable, no refrigerator, microwave or comfortable chairs.

This was bare bones with terrible service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BearTrapTC
Ian S, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our general manager discussed the issues with you, and we have taken steps to ensure that those problems don't happen again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Perrysburg
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The desk clerk at check in was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. A good value for the rate we paid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Ian S, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I cannot stress enough how much I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I was originally going to stay at the Days Inn in Naperville, but I am extremely happy I did not make that mistake.

I am a fellow Wyndham employee at the Days Inn in Fond du Lac, WI. Even though they were not able to get me an employee rate, the rate they offered me was still great. The hotel had to be close to sold out, the parking lot was full.

The staff was the best part though. Both the 2nd shift girls were amazing. I would duplicate them if I could! If I ever get back to Naperville, I would not stay anywhere else but here!

Room Tip: 1st floor if you were a non-smoker like me. 127 worked perfect, right next to the fitness center!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you had an overall pleasant experience at our hotel. We take pride in our helpful and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
Travelers also viewed these Naperville hotels
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - East
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville

Been to Motel 6 Naperville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Naperville

Property: Motel 6 Naperville
Address: 1585 Naperville Wheaton Rd, Naperville, IL 60563-1556 (Formerly Travelodge Naperville)
Location: United States > Illinois > Naperville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Naperville 2*
Motel 6 Naperville is conveniently located to Ogden Mall, several golf courses, and museums. Wrigley Field, United Center and all Chicago has to offer is about 25 miles away. We have a coin laundry facility and free Wi-Fi in all modern guest rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Motel-6, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Motel 6 Naperville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.