“Rude customer service poor cleanliness no breakfast” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Naperville

Motel 6 Naperville
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Crown Point, Indiana
“Rude customer service poor cleanliness no breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for my husbands birthday bc it was 5 miles from were we were celebrating and i figured for just a place to crash it would be perfect, WRONG!! when we arrived to the room i noticed there was blood on our comforter the front desk clerk came in removed it and tossed a new one on the bed saying she didnt know how to remake it professionally!our bed was lopsided the a/c didnt work it was so hot in out room it was unbareable we had to open the window its FEBRUARY and that still didnt help with the heat! The tv was old and buzzed from blown speakers which honestly isnt terribly uncommon but what really set me off is when we woke up to get out complimentary breakfast at 8am as its served from 7-10, When we got there they had no breakfast just bread and coffee!! i called the front desk to ask and the day clerk susie was instantly rude and got an attitude with me saying its alll they offer! the key specifically says join us for a waffle breakfast in the breakfast corner but thats not offered! the manager of the entire property micheal smith is rude and snide as well when i complained about all our encounters at his hotel he did say sorry but followed it up with the statement well its not like were going to give you a free room!! EXCUSE ME i never asked for that and wouldnt have stayed again anyways!! travelocity refunded me in full!!! i would never stay again but will use travelocity!!

Room Tip: my travel tip is book at a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Tasha T
Michael S, General Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to fill out a survey. We do apologize for some of our outdated items in the rooms and we are in process of planning a full renovation and refreshment in our rooms. We do apologize that we seemed rude when we could not correct all those items immediately and to your satisfaction, we strive to do our best to make sure every guest has a great experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
GRAND RAPIDS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked my stay through priceline. I called the hotel directly 2 days prior to arrival to ask about my reservation. I wanted 2 twin beds instead of a double. I was told by the receptionist that would not be a problem as long as I checked in early on the day of my arrival. When I got to the hotel, they insisted on charging me a significant upgrade fee. When I told them about my phone conversation they claimed no one from the hotel would have promised me that. It felt like a slap in the face...they were basically calling me a liar.

I reluctantly paid for the upgrade and then was given a room that had a distinct smoky odor to it. It also smelled like the cleaning crew emptied an entire bottle of room freshener in the room. NO THANK YOU! When I asked for another room, the manager had to verify my claim and then proceeded to try to tell me that my room spelled like every other clean room. After 15 minutes of arguing with her, she finally agreed to give me another room.

I have to make 3 more trips to Naperville in the next 2 months. I will not be staying in this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Michael S, General Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We would like you to thank you for taking your time filling out a survey. We do apologize if we do not feel accomadating, we always strive our best to get the guest a room they desire. To upgrade from one bed to two beds it was a different cost, which is standard for most hotels. We do hope you give us a chance to show you we are the best value in town.
Travelers also viewed these Naperville hotels
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Hampton Inn Chicago Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
#6 of 18 in Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville

Been to Motel 6 Naperville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Naperville

Property: Motel 6 Naperville
Address: 1585 Naperville Wheaton Rd, Naperville, IL 60563-1556 (Formerly Travelodge Naperville)
Location: United States > Illinois > Naperville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Naperville 2*
Motel 6 Naperville is conveniently located to Ogden Mall, several golf courses, and museums. Wrigley Field, United Center and all Chicago has to offer is about 25 miles away. We have a coin laundry facility and free Wi-Fi in all modern guest rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Motel-6, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Motel 6 Naperville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.