“Exceded expectations for this kind of hotel...”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed October 31, 2013

So I booked this on Hotwire. Over the years I've become quite a skilled and avid user of Hotwire when me and my wife need a brief low budget, simple, local getaway. I've always feared that my greediness whilst looking for inexpensive deals would backfire on me one day, and when I booked this hotel I thought for sure that day had come. Once the site revealed that I had reserved a room at the Extended Stay I felt a lump in my throat, several moments of panic, and I'm pretty sure I said aloud "crap, what have I done?!" I began preparing myself with the idea that shortly after arrival I might have to abandon, eat the cost and dish out money for a different hotel.

Well, I was proven wrong. The stay was so much better than I expected. Not just because I had low expectations. Room-wise, I've stayed at 4 star hotels that were comparable to this. The room was clean, quite, comfy, and cozy, the staff were kind and friendly, and if we could we would have stayed another night or two. This place is not exactly fancy, but it's a far, FAR cry from the sketchy dive reputation this genre of hotel tends to carry. I would recommend it.

I did some research before we arrived, saw some pretty good reviews from this past year... probably since they fully renovated the location. Most negative reviews appear to be pre-renovation. The photos were really nice, but I assumed they were an extreme exaggeration. They weren't, a few things differed from the photos, but nothing significant, I can't even remember what they were. I also noticed they offer smoking and non smoking rooms. At check in they offered me a choice of smoking or non-smoking(traveling with a pregnant wife I was very concerned about this, as Hotwire customers tend to get limited preferences) and were happy to accommodate my non-smoking request.

The rooms are all newly renovated, which contributed greatly to our pleasant stay. This is what was in our room: Newish flat screen TV with an average selection of cable channels, temp control, reclining faux leather chair (I spent a lot of time on that chair), free wireless internet (not SUPER fast, but certainly good enough to stream Netflix on my laptop!), two burner stove, full size refrigerator, kitchen sink, lots of kitchen cabinet space, microwave, toaster, a few basic dishes and cookware, small coffee maker, iron/ironing board, closet with hangers and shelving, desk/kitchen counter, two comfy rolling office chairs. I found the bed to be very comfy, but some might find it to be too firm. The room was decorated in good taste, nothing tacky or ratty.

This may sound silly to some, but I was really impressed with the amount of electrical outlets(and their convenient locations) in this room! In most hotels I have to unplug at least one lamp in order to charge both our cell phones and a laptop, and the outlets tend to be in extremely inconvenient, inaccessible spots. with everything plugged in there were still at least 3 or four sets of available outlets.

Now there isn't a whole lot in the way of amenities. No pool, no fitness center, no vending machines, no ice machine etc. Maid service is limited to 7 night stays, as is the case in any extended stay hotel. You can request additional cleaning service for a fee. You have to take out your own trash. Again, all of this is appropriate for this line of hotel, not a complaint just a heads up. "Grab and Go Breakfast" leaves a bit to be desired. They offer some fresh fruit, oatmeal bars, granola bars, muffins, and coffee. It would be nice if they offered some kind of juice or cold cereal options, and especially more options that are not doused in sugar. I felt like I was eating desert for breakfast. Of course the up side is you have a kitchen equipped enough for you to cook up an omelet or pancakes if you are motivated to do so. There is also a coin laundry, but I never used it.

Our stay was quiet. One night at 11pm we noticed an alarm clock was ringing in another room for a long long time. I did some investigating and found that it was the room above us. I called the front desk and they took care of it immediately.

There are lots of chain and franchise restaurants in the area. Within walking distance is a Steak and Shake, Starbucks, Fireside Subs, and a few other places like that. Within a short drive there are hundreds of eateries ranging from TGIF, Cracker Barrel, Chipotle, Portillos, Boston Market, Luigis... there's a lot. Mostly chains and franchises repeating themselves in shopping plazas every few blocks, but a few unique spots such as Magic Garlic Indian. A few malls are a short drive away too.

And thats about it. Excellent for an extended stay, clean and safe. More than satisfactory for a super discounted Hotwire booking, but I would even consider staying here at full price if the opportunity arose. Enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the smoking floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dave - I appreciate the time you took to write such an awesome review about our hotel. I am really glad that you enjoyed your newly renovated room, especially the kitchen, and the service our staff provided as well as our hotel's location. As well, it is great to know that you liked having so many electrical outlets at your disposal.

Thank you for your review again. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our first experience with Extended Stay was in a different state, but we swore to never stay again. Several years later, we stayed in the Naperville-West. This stay was so much better than the first! The rooms were clean, quite location and friendly staff. Talked about staying again but for fun the next time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent 2 weeks in this hotel.
I didn't know what to expect, I have never been in an extended stay hotel before. They let me take a look at the room before reservation. During this 2 weeks I was absolutely satisfied. I got a fully equipped kitchen, I nice, clean, newly renovated room as I needed. The staff was always nice and helpful, it was good to get back every day, never felt this is just a hotel, they always had a smile and few nice words to me.The location is perfect, close to the tollway and to R59, but the rooms are quiet. All in all, I recommend it to everyone:)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this location June 1-8 2013. The hotel is nothing glamorous but it fit our needs for the time we were there. The hotel is very clean and quiet ( the manager was quick to pound on the door of a downstairs room with a barking dog) . If you are there to use the room for cooking a gourmet meal, forget about it LOL. You get dishes and silverware for 2, a couple of pots and pans and a few cooking/serving pieces. A toaster, microwave, refridge and coffee pot are your appliances. Unless you want to do stir fry, bacon and eggs or nuke a meal you probably won't be able to get too creative cooking. The bed is listed as a queen but we think it may have been a double with a firm mattress and firm pillows. There is a desk/dining table and recliner in the room. You will pay extra for housekeeping if you want it and will have to go to the front desk for a hair dryer and some amenities. For as much as we were in the room ( pretty much to just sleep) the price of our stay was a bargain, There are lots of eating establishments in close driving range with a burger joint right next door that serves a good breakfast too. The hotel is right off the tollway with easy access to wherever you may want to go which is a plus.

Room Tip: I think that all of the rooms with pets were on the lower level
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

It was few weeks back, when I received mail stating, Extended Stay America, 1575 Bond street, Naperville, IL. as my next halting destination during business visit. Naturally I was anxious to know about the place before I can walk in and hence I went through its official site and reviews. It looked good...but I didn’t want to make my impression just looking at it and then I landed here.
After staying her for few good days now, I was more than eager to put my thoughts for this Place called hotel. And when I gave it a thought…I realized there were so many good things to share. With every passing time, I was recollecting the good thing I read about this place.

If it’s just about knowing it as property, then yes…it has all the good required facilities, locality, services and every Hotel is indeed maintained in uniformity that they all give you a unique feel of Extended Stay America ambience. But is that all…? I deeply feel that it’s not only about luxury always. It’s the people around you, who make it a good place…and that were it makes it different from just been a property.

It’s truly a Home away for Home… What impressed me was the extended help and comfort provided by the hotel staff. They were very kind and helpful. Ready to walk extra miles to help me in all possible way to make my sat happy.

I would like to congratulate the entire team of Extended Stay America, and Especially for the team of Naperville West, for giving me such a wonderful experience. I would cherish those moments.

I have not only found good friends here, but also have seen families walking out with smiles…a gesture of Satisfaction on their faces. Needless to say…I recommend it and would love to visit again.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was here on a work trip for three days and I was very satisfied with the 4 nights I spent in the hotel. I have never stayed in an extended stay hotel before and I was pleasantly surprised by the kitchen it they offered by the kitchenette in the room. Made easy storing and reheating some of the takeout I orderEd. And the stuff was super nice too. They showed me the room I reserved before I paid for it. Thanks for a wonderful hotel stay@Extendedstay.

• Stayed: April 2013
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Everything was clean and working. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was on time and mostly stocked. Price was resonable for the area. Monthly discounts were offered. It would be nice if their was a workout room and pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe S
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013