“Nice Rooms - Breakfast Need Improvement”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Guy_From_Normal
“Nice Rooms - Breakfast Need Improvement”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years. The rooms have been recently renovated. Nice beds and furnishings.
I have not been impressed with the breakfast. The juices taste really bad. They are not really fruit juice, but some watered down version of a flavored fruit drink. Also, apples are the only "fresh" fruit availble. They do not have bananas. They do have some mixed fruit cups that are refrigerated. Also, the breakfast opens at 7AM, a little later that most other hotels.

The hotel is within walking distance to a varety of resaurants (Morton's Steakhouse, Maggianos, Taco Fresca etc.)

Overall, the recent renovations have been a plus, but it seems the hotel is trying to cut costs on the breakfast.

Room Tip: Some of their rooms have a side wall that is next to the elevator landing. We were given one of the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize that we were out of bananas during your stay with us. I will be keeping a closer eye to make sure that we have all the items we provide at all times.
If you are in need of a hotel in the area again, I hope you will give me a chance to see to your reservation personally.
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is the on I have been seeking. Good value. Good dining close buy. And a comfortable room with the business traveler's needs provided for

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side, The freeway is on the north side!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. If ever in the Naperville area again, please let us know and we will be waiting with a room (on the south side).
new england
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This hotel was a very reasonable price per night, we booked a package deal. The hallways/rooms were very clean, they were still undergoing a renovation but it looked like it was almost complete. Pool was nice for my kid and open when we wanted it to be. Hotel location is in the back of a business park behind another hotel, a bit hard to find but not their fault. It was a 35 min drive to the city which I thought was reasonable. Deducted two stars for following:

-by the title, you would think the hotel rooms would be suites, they aren't. Normal room. We prefer springhill or embassy type rooms where there are separate sitting areas
-there were multiple sports teams there and no one policing the hallways. way too much noise late at night.

We would probably stay there again if they were cheaper than others but would ask first to be located on a different floor than the teams.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Westminster, CO
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed here 2 nights recently for business travel. Reasonable rate for business travel and very good location to my client.
Start off with the good. Nice indoor pool area and I liked the self-serve breakfast in the morning. Wireless internet worked without much effort.
Overall, this stay was a disappointment.
Don't expect any perks at all if you Marriott Gold.
The 1st thing about being Marriott Gold I expect at all Marriotts (and they ALL do), is that you thank me for my loyalty. Not done here. Not a huge deal, but it sets the tone. I did present my Marriott Gold card when checking in. Sometimes you get a room upgrade, but they didn't even try to look here if one was available. Maybe they were all booked up. Finally, I expect you to tell me what my Gold Status gets me at the hotel. Not a peep.
The room is decent size, but dated, and there is some cosmetic damage in the hotel room and bathroom. Very run of the mill and definitely not up to the presentation standards of the Marriott brand.
I would not stay here for business again. The rooms aren't up to task, and they don't have any idea how to treat loyal customers.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I needed a place to stay during a college reunion. Not going through the alumni office I called the Fairfield as they all have a consistant quaiity. This Fairfield, however, had above average comfort, convenience and friendly helpful staff. Their weekend rate in this city of business was reasonable. Obviously, the inn had been remodeled in the past several years. Naperville is a great community to live, work, or visit at about 30 miles west of the Loop.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
FFISNaperville, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Thank you Mr. Allen.

MY staff and I always appreciate nice comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you had a great time at your reunion and we look forward to seeing you again.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 11, 2011

After we lost our reservations at a nearby hotel last minute, we went to the Fairfield hoping they would have a room available. Luckily there was one that had been cancelled and the front desk staff was so helpful in getting us situated, despite it being nearly 3 in the morning. The continental breakfast was delicious and the rooms were very nice. Really enjoyed the stay here!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Hello,
Thank you for your very nice comments! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff was helpful in assisting you. Hope you had a great trip home, and we look forward to seeing you again if in the area.

Thanks again,
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Andrew assisted me in releasing funds that was being held by my bank. I called Andrew about 3 times and he was so nice, patient and understanding. My bank needed a letter from fairfield inn stating that they have no intention of collecting the funds that is used to hold the room. My bank wanted to hold it for 30 days!

Thank you Andrew you are awesome. I don't think anyone would have went over and beyond like you did. Thank you so much. This is the reason why I only stay a Marriott hotels. You treat your guest as though you have known them forever!

Thanks again