“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

After we lost our reservations at a nearby hotel last minute, we went to the Fairfield hoping they would have a room available. Luckily there was one that had been cancelled and the front desk staff was so helpful in getting us situated, despite it being nearly 3 in the morning. The continental breakfast was delicious and the rooms were very nice. Really enjoyed the stay here!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Hello,
Thank you for your very nice comments! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff was helpful in assisting you. Hope you had a great trip home, and we look forward to seeing you again if in the area.

Thanks again,
Andrew
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Andrew assisted me in releasing funds that was being held by my bank. I called Andrew about 3 times and he was so nice, patient and understanding. My bank needed a letter from fairfield inn stating that they have no intention of collecting the funds that is used to hold the room. My bank wanted to hold it for 30 days!

Thank you Andrew you are awesome. I don't think anyone would have went over and beyond like you did. Thank you so much. This is the reason why I only stay a Marriott hotels. You treat your guest as though you have known them forever!

Thanks again

Doris Davis

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Me and my family go to this hotel every year before going to the Wis Dells Waterpark. We go again in 6 days. An employee told me that she heard the fire alarms go off when I rang the bell on the elevator; so the fire alarms probably go off too often, although I have never heard them. My room didn't have a fridge; but was decent. The pool went from 3 1/2 feet deep to 4 1/4 feet deep. The spa was about 2 feet deep. Quiet hotel. Very nice.

• Stayed July 2009
Michigan
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Very small lobby, the breakfast room was 90 degrees, and the rooms are on the small side. I could have lived with all of the those things, but we could hear everything the folks said in the neighboring room. They weren't being overly loud, just having a fun evening of conversation, but we could literally hear every word. Their conversation went on until well after midnight, so we got very little sleep. There are better places to stay in Naperville.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jmacMichigan
Washington DC
Reviewed April 12, 2010

This is a comfortable, clean hotel with a friendly staff. The free breakfast is generous and the facilites are up to date and in great shape. The hotel is walking distance to restaurants and shops and minutes away from major roads.

It's a basic hotel that is a great place in the bargain/family hotels. A fair price for a decent hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2008

What we were looking for: A inexpensive stay at a quality property. We would be staying the weekend, but primary activities were off-premises with relatives.
Arrival was handled quite well. Very courterous and welcoming.
However (only of the only low-lights of the trip!) the keys that were issued did not work. The manager came down with new card keys and personally checked that they worked!
Room was decorated in the 'new' look at Fairfield that is being rolled out.
Room/hallways were very quiet, even though we were just a few doors from pool/exercise room.
Breakfast was included. Breakfast bar includes waffles, french toast, cereals, rolls, bagels fruits, juices, coffee, tea. I good variety for a simple breakfast.
Room contained a king bed, desk and chair and an additional chair that included a footrest/ottoman/hassock (whatever you want to call it)
Air conditioning was good.
Area includes a Mortons, a big local Italian restaurant(I forget the name!)
Nights were very quiet, even though it was obvious there were guests from one or more weddings, staying there.
Checkout was smooth.
On another note, I have also stayed at the Courtyard next door. It would be a toss-up where I would stay when up here again. If I wanted on on-site restaurant, I would probably stay at the Courtyard, but other than that, the two are about equal, if all you are looking for is a place to sleep for the night.

• Liked — Great room at a great price.
  • Disliked — There is little to knock!! Forced to something, I would say the desk chair was not as good as other places.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank xzr1tv
Central Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We stayed at this hotel as an alternative to staying in Chicago. It fit our budget much better than a City hotel, and was a five minute drive to the train station, which was very convenient for us. Our room was just a tad on the small side, but we didn't really need much space, just a place to sleep and shower. The room was clean, and cleaned every day that we were there, and there were no unpleasant odors. The walls are pretty thin, but we were at the end of the corridor, so our room was quiet. The bathroom was adequate and clean. The beds were comfortable, if nothing special. We asked for extra towels, and while we had to go get them from the front desk, the staff was polite and provided them right away. The free breakfast is a good deal, especially for families with kids, with the usual food to choose from, including waffles, bagels, yogurt, microwave sandwiches, fruit, cereal, and the like. There aren't many tables to sit at, so the breakfast room, while good sized, was usually quite busy and full. The pool is small, and to call it heated would be generous--to my touch it was cold. The hot tub is basic, but nice for a few minutes after a long day of sightseeing. We actually found several restaurants within a 10 minute radius, and downtown Naperville, no more than 10 minutes from the motel, is actually a fun place to visit. Just be careful on weekend nights, it becomes an extremely busy place. Otherwise, I highly recommend following the signs into downtown Naperville and taking some time to eat and look around. There is a McDonalds just down the street from the hotel, and chain restaurants, including a Dunkin Donuts, a few minutes away. You are not going to walk to them, but they are just a quick drive away. All in all, an average but perfectly nice hotel, and we have no reason not to return someday.

• Liked — location, price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family