“Very good hotel for long stays”

TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks and I would say the hotel was good and the service was awesome. The HouseKeeping Staff (though spoke less english) were very nice. I had stayed there with my wife and 2 year old. All of us liked the hotel be it the hot morning waffles or the evening cookies

Room Tip: The best rooms are the two room suites
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks for my work. I have stayed here in the past and will again. It is a nice place, especially if you can get the 13+ days discount price. The staff is very prompt, friendly, and competent. The room is good. It has a comfortable bed and small kitchen. There is a very nice track out back around a pond for running or walking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have been a "road warrior" literally for decades! My career has included many long-term stays at virtually every class of hotel and apartment. When I'm on a relatively long-term consulting engagement, I always lease an apartment. Makes both economic and life-style sense.

When I first arrived in Naperville, IL, for my latest consulting engagement, I assumed it would last for about three months, I selected the Marriott TownePlace Suites for my home-away-from-home. As an experienced road warrior, my normal routine would be that once I determined my consulting engagement was going to be long term, I would find an apartment, and set up house.

My experience with this TownePlace Suites, and with this outstanding staff, has been so "perfect" that I imagine you, the reader, will assume I'm hyping it--but I am not exaggerating! I've been at the TownePlace Suites, here in Naperville, for about 10 months with not a single bad experience!!! Not one! Front desk, service staff, all have been excellent! The facility is extremely well run and the staff has been--without exception--friendly, accommodating and very, very good at their jobs!

In case you haven't guessed by now. . . I give this facility and staff a very strong recommendation for all of you fellow road warriors!

Room Tip: My room overlooks the small lake at the rear of the facility. Makes a nice view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I slightly hesitate giving this hotel 4 out of 5 but given the price and the helpfulness of the fron desk I am prepared to be generous. There is also free internet connection in the lobby.
The downside is that unless you have a car, there is only two eating options - and one of these is the hotel shop where you can buy microwave food to cook in your room!
I went to the other - the Cracker Barrell which is 2 minutes walk away - no alcohol served and they have the cheesiest gift shop imaginable attached to it, but it is cheap, cheerful and and about as home-style, like an American grandma would cook - they even bake their own corn bread on the premises and you can buy a rocking chair to take home with you!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for two nights while our hardwood floors were being refinished. We had a two bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The room was basic but clean and spacious. Friendly staff and convenient complimentary breakfast. For a good, basic place to stay, you can't do much better in Naperville.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the second time that I have stayed here. Both times I have had to deal with no Wifi or sparce wifi connection. I even spent 30 minutes on the phone with a tech and yet the problem has not been resolved. Regrettably, I will have to find a hotel that has so much more connection ability next time I come to Napersville and Aurora on business as I absolutely need to be able to do my work on computer as the rest of the aminities of this hotel is top-notch.

Room Tip: Do not count on the Wifi here. If that is not an issue for you, then by all means, this is a great...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here for a volley ball tournament. Large spacious 2 room suites with a mini kitchen, which we never used. Friendly staff, no complaints at all. Everything went well from check in to check out, and front desk very helpful with any questions about local area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends