“Great Place to stay if you do not need Wifi connection for work.”

TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Curtice
“Great Place to stay if you do not need Wifi connection for work.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the second time that I have stayed here. Both times I have had to deal with no Wifi or sparce wifi connection. I even spent 30 minutes on the phone with a tech and yet the problem has not been resolved. Regrettably, I will have to find a hotel that has so much more connection ability next time I come to Napersville and Aurora on business as I absolutely need to be able to do my work on computer as the rest of the aminities of this hotel is top-notch.

Room Tip: Do not count on the Wifi here. If that is not an issue for you, then by all means, this is a great...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here for a volley ball tournament. Large spacious 2 room suites with a mini kitchen, which we never used. Friendly staff, no complaints at all. Everything went well from check in to check out, and front desk very helpful with any questions about local area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Arrived in very late. Juan greeted us. Very nice and polite. Went up to our room. Room smelled like cigarettes. Call down to Juan. He apologized and immediately got us another room. Very clean room, nice setup with mini kitchen, living area, nice size bedroom with tv. Love that we can close bedroom door off from living room.
Grocery store around corner bought food to cook. Highway is very close.
Someone is always cleaning. I liked the breakfast. There were eggs, sausage, waffles, and all your other normal carbs. Juice: cranberry apple etc...
They have this big board in lobby that you can see what's going on in the city that particular day. I enjoyed my stay! Will return.

• Stayed September 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 23, 2012

When we arrived Nick was working and was very quick and efficient with check in. He told me that we had been upgraded to a two bedroom suite which I was very happy about. It’s always great when my 3 year old gets his own room. We were in room 207. It was close to the elevator but not close enough to hear it which was good. Unfortunately there was some sort of engine type noise that would go off at random times and woke me up in the middle of the night so I don’t recommend this particular room for that reason. Otherwise the room was great. It had one bedroom with a king size bed. The bathroom was small and kind of dark if you didn’t turn on the heat lamp. The other room had two queen size beds and a bigger bathroom with the sink in the bathroom. The sink was cracked in that one. I read in previous reviews about the air blowing the curtains and this is very accurate. We went prepared with lots of clothes pins and it helped a lot but light still was able to get through which didn’t bother us all that much. The outlets in the rooms were very loose and it was hard to get them to hold the plugs in the walls. I always love having a kitchen in the room. This one however is super small and doesn’t even had a drawer for the silverware. Over the microwave is a bit high to have to reach to get it down.

The breakfast was very good and kept well stocked when we were there. Eggs and sausage in a warming drawer, waffles to make yourself. Lots of variety of cereal, muffins, breakfast sweets, along with breads and bagels for toasting. They also had nice toppings for the waffles or cereal. Hard boiled eggs, pancakes with sausage on a stick, yogurt. Great selection for a free breakfast. We all found something we liked. The pool was very nice and very well kept. My son had fun swimming in it and my husband enjoyed the hot tub. The work out room looked great all though we did not use it. The laundry was standard pay machines but they looked clean. The ice machine on the second floor worked great for refilling our cooler for the trip home.

Nick was very helpful with advice about taking a taxi to the train station all though in rush hour traffic this proved to be a very expensive trip of almost $16 so I think if we did it again we would just leave early and figure out a place to park at the Dupage Children’s museum (they have train parking for $5) or something. Nick also was great about remembering names and checking to make sure we had what we needed. Great employee!

Overall our stay was good and it was a great place for families.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 207, take clothes pins for the curtains, Cracker Barrel is close enough to wa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
NapervilleTPS_GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. While we are thrilled to hear all the positive things you had to say about the hotel and Nick, we would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. Be assured, we welcome all customer feedback and use it to our advantage, as we always are looking to improve. We hope to see you again in the future.

Pavel Evtimov and Management Team.
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I stopped in Naperville on a Saturday night before a flight out of O'Hare without reservations and stumbled upon this property. Because it had the Marriott logo, we decided to give it a try after stopping at several other hotels that were sold out. We were surprised to have had such an excellent experience! The room was huge and very clean. The king sized bed was as comfortable as the bed in the 4.5 star hotel we stayed at on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago. The hotel was quiet. They even included an excellent breakfast that was free with the room. The staff went above and beyond to help us mail a package when we realized we still had Grandma's keys to her house! Thanks for a great experience before a long travel day to Germany!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
NapervilleTPS_GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when in the Chicagoland area.Kind Regards, Pavel Evtimov & Management Team.
Virginia
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed for a week. Pretty far out in the western suburbs in a mostly light industrial area. Friendly staff and good site maintenance. Overall a decent value for the money, but I was disappointed in the following:
--two sets of MANUAL double doors to be navigated entering and exiting...always a challenge for solo traveler with luggage.
--communication problems with housekeeping; cleaned the room when I asked them not to, and didn't clean the room when I expected them to.
--fruit loops on the floor when I moved the foot stool, and debris behind the door, but otherwise the room & bathroom were clean
--didn't realize my king studio would not have an oven until I got there - had microwave, range and dishwasher and cabinet for dishes was ABOVE the refrigerator, making it impossible to reach without climbing on a chair
--motel had scheduled deep cleaning of carpets, upholstery, and drapes for the week I was there. I think it would've been fair to let me know that when I booked my reservation. Wasn't crazy about non-hotel employees entering my room.
--extremely difficult to turn left out onto the main road during morning rush hour
--bright parking lot lights at night - take a clothespin to hold the curtains shut!
--hvac unit it room has that irritating issue of blowing air up in the curtains--seriously, can't someone figure out how to prevent that?

Good things worth mentioning:
comfortable bed; relatively quiet interior; pretty view of a pond from one side of motel; Cracker Barrel adjacent; clean lobby, elevator, and hallways; hvac unit in room has option of "fan only on" so that you can have white noise to sleep by, and it did a good job with variable weather the week I was there, and as mentioned - a friendly and helpful front desk staff on all shifts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pond and away from elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay in Naperville, at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. While we regret that you experienced some minor issues while staying, it is our customers feedback that make it possible to discover these areas of opportunity for improvement. Thank you again for your honest feedback! We hope that you will give us a chance to better serve you in a future visits to the Naperville area. Sincerely, Pavel Evtimov and Management Team
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have been staying at the TownePlace since September of last year. While it is not a 5 star hotel, it is clean and comfortable and offers good value for the rate. Nick and Alex are mainstays on the front desk. From my view, they are both good people, hard working and go out of their way to do whatever they can to make your stay a pleasant one. I like the fact that a Cracker Barrel is a very short walk from the hotel. While there is nothing wrong with the breakfast, it is the run of the mill... yogurt, cereal, pancakes/waffles, sausage and eggs, juice machine and cofee... all DIY.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora
Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Sleep Inn Naperville
Sleep Inn Naperville
#12 of 18 in Naperville
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville

Been to TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville? Share your experiences!