“Wedding guest stay”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Naperville, IL
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed December 29, 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights in late October to attend a wedding. The rooms were clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable - something I'm picky about. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived late and had several questions at midnight and they were responsive and friendly. The hotel was easy to find and conveniently located although it was not visible from any major road.

The best part was the included breakfast. There was plenty of variety and the food was decent - not gourmet, but perfect for our family. We especially enjoyed having breakfast with our many relatives and other wedding guests who were also staying at the hotel. We would highly recommend this hotel for general or family travel and for anyone looking to book rooms for wedding guests.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank CentralMassFamily

Reviewed August 17, 2007

We stayed here for one night in August 2007 and were very pleased. One unexpected benefit was a small restaurant on-site which came in very handy as we were tired when we arrived and the weather was rainy. The food was good and it was very nice not to have to go out. The room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cmujmumom
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We used the hotel as a midway stopping point on the way to Wisconsin from Indiana. We were travelling with an infant. The hotel was clean and well appointed. We were upgraded both times to a suite. You could tell that it has recently been updated, but that the bathroom has not been, yet it was clean. What we liked best about the hotel was that it was quiet. Also, the cooling system is more like central air, so you didn't have to hear the fan running all night. We will stay here again if we are going through the area.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Indyuser
Reviewed March 30, 2007

This place was tucked away and a little hard to see but worth the find. I came to the area for just one night and was happy about the price. Once in the lobby I was very surprised on how nice it was. Staff was friendly and the rooms well appointed. Loved the nice chair in the corner that turned out to be Lazy-boy style that you could lean back in. I didn't like the beds was all, had to lay in the center or I felt like I would roll off the bed, this is not a problem I have had elsewhere, but I slept fine for the night. Wish I would have known about the free breakfast, I walked buy to check it out in the morning and found nothing to indicate it was free, The day befor I had stayed at a place that looked symilar and charged us $10 a person to eat sub par food. The night we arrived we had some time to kill so we took advantage of the pool and fitness area. The covered pool was on the smaller side but had a 5ft 6 in. deep end which I liked, deeper than some pools. Also the eqipment in the fitness center was in good condition and enjoyed using it while watching the news, then to finish it off in the spa tub was great, with plenty extra towels on hand and a convenient shower available If I'm in the area again I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Dano77
Reviewed March 22, 2007

Stayed on a weekday night. Agree with other reviewers that the staff is nice and does a good job; they are welcoming, helpful and the place is spotless. Desk clerk not only had maps but also a long list of area restaurants with directions. (They have a restaurant if you are stuck for dinner, but the place was deserted. fyi Entre prices up into low $20s for steak, other choices and sandwiches lower.) More hotel guests seemed to enjoy the bar/living room area. There is a bartender. Very few beer choices (not much beyond blah Bud + Miler) but a variety of wines by the glass ranging up to $8.25 per.

No hotel is perfect, and I don't think it rates a 5. For instance, it is true I heard less highway noise from I-88 because my room faced the inside courtyard. However, I had a view of low floor roof and rusty mechanicals and at night spotlights glared up into my window. The door from my room into the hallway had gaps around the edge, so if it had been a busier time I think hall noise would have been an issue. So the renovation could have been slicker. Indoor pool and hot tub very small.

Breakfast buffet offerings good overall with juice selection, yogurt and cereals, bread for toasting -- and served on a weekday until 9:30 a.m. There were two waffle irons, and batter was replenished often, not left out to get stale. Downsides: waffle irons in a tight area; scrambled eggs and sausage could have been better quality; coffee was weak and tasteless.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Midwestern_Woman
Reviewed March 10, 2007

We stayed 1 night on our way home to the UK .We arrived late due to flight delays because of snow.The restaurant closed at 10.00pm and we arrived close to that time.The manager could not have been more helpful,we would have settled for a snack but there was no problem.......he brought us 2 of the best steaks we have ever tasted.The room was good and so was the breakfast buffet the following day.We had booked the shopping package and the rate included a $25 voucher for the nearby Premium Outlets plus a late checkout of 2.30pm.
The staff here really know what "good service"means
We will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roscoetheotter
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2006

This hotel was wonderful!!! The staff was so kind and friendly and they let me know right away if I needed anything to just give them a call. The hotel was just completing a renovation and the rooms looked very new and nice. They have wireless highspeed internet that was fabulous. This is one big thing that I look for when I travel on business. They had a wonderful breakfast in the morning that included bacon, eggs, fresh fruit. It was great. I will definately stay at this hotel again and I will recommend this itl to my family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business