“Good accomodations for a great price”

Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Naperville
“Good accomodations for a great price”
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I stay in Red Roof one night each week. I have found them to be clean, friendly, and reasonably priced. They offer basic services for a good price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Iowa
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn over a weekend while in the area for a family gathering. I was really impressed - we had what they call an "all inclusive King" (AIK) room. The bed was comfortable, we had a fridge and microwave, free WiFi (you have to ask for a PIN), nice shower with plenty of hot water - at a room rate less than $60. Sure can't complain!

It was a little noisy but I travel with earplugs so it didn't bother me a bit. One thing I would mention for others - they automatically add $1.50 for a room safe - but there is a sign that says if you don't use the safe they will deduct the charge. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

My husband's favorite part was that the bed coverings were "just right." Often we have a choice between a light sheet or a way-too-heavy quilt. This room had a light blanket plus a light spread which allowed us to fit coverings to temperature perfectly.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Crocker, Mo
Reviewed February 18, 2009

we got this hotel cause it was cheap and it was close to where we needed to be! Well the rooms were nice, but we had partying all night long all around us! Till 4:00 in the morning! It was awful! and I talked to a cop and they said they get called almost every night to that hotel and suggested us to stay at another hotel, what a BAD sign!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2008

May be my review is not helpful but give it a thought. Maybe this place is convenient and newly renovated as the previous reviews said but what is the point to stay in a hotel that doesn't have free internet neither has free breakfast. Personally, I don't care if the room is extremely clean (I will not stay there the whole day anyway) or the maid cleaned well the room or if the room has fancy red or blue or white color. But free internet is a must. Same applies for breakfast. Anyway I was never a fun of Red roof inn's and I stayed there just because my boss was paying. Furthermore, its noisy. Avoid rooms close to route 59. Request that at the beginning otherwise they will fool you (like the did to me) and offer you a room as close as possible to route 59. Good luck...

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank grevo77
Minneapolis
Reviewed April 23, 2008

Honestly, before we had kids, we weren't terribly picky about where we stayed. As long as it was clean, affordable and close to where we wanted to be we were good. My husbands family lives in Naperville and we use to stay at this hotel pretty much everytime we went to visit until kids came along, well kid #2.

Now normally I wouldn't really consider staying at a Red Roof Inn as I think they have a pretty bad stereotype of being on the seedy side. However, this Red Roof Inn pleasantly surprised us--really!

They had recently had a complete renovation, everything in the room was brand new. Yes, the room was still pretty small but they really did a good job with decorating choices. The sink/vanity was an updated stone countertop and the flooring in the bathroom was a pergo type hardwood. The tub/tile and all fixtures were also brand new and it even had a curved shower rod which now is pretty standard but this was a few years ago when they were just starting to show up in hotels. The bedding was also nicely updated, not the best fabric in the world, but hey for the room price it really wasn't that bad.

This is the only Red Roof property I have ever stayed at so I am not sure if this is how the whole chain is or if it is just this location. But I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, probably not more than two people though as again the rooms were pretty small.

• Liked — Location for us was great, and updated rooms
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Columbia, Tenn.
Reviewed May 3, 2006

We stayed here for three nights while visiting relatives in the area. The room was very nice, with a king-sized bed and very clean. We have a small dog. There is a large very well maintained grassy area between the motel and the Steak N' Shake that is perfect for dog exercise. The location is ideal right on I-88 and SR-59. Only problem is that the refrigerator didn't work very well.

• Stayed April 2006