“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Minot, North Dakota
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is clean and the staff is very helpful with all your needs. Easy in and out and very close to all major roads and highway for easy access no matter where your going. I work on the road 10 months out of the year and I spent about 5 weeks at this hotel. Cathy the manager and here staff make you feel like family and is always ready to help with any of your needs.

Eric Simmons

Room Tip: I stayed in the King suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Eric,

Thank you so my much for writing such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. I am so pleased that you enjoy stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Our goal is to make each of our guest feel confident, significant, and delighted during their stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

i0195@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've stayed at the this red roof location numerous times over the past few months. Each time I stayed I had a pleasant encounter with the front desk staff, any issue I had was resolved quickly, and they were very flexible. I love the renovations that they've made to this location. You get the look and feel of a top of the line hotel at a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Jrice27,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. Your comments are truly appreciated by the entire staff, especially when their hard work is recognized by our guests.

It is our goal that every guest experiences a clean room, affordable rate and friendly and helpful staff members that know the meaning of having a "hospitality heart". "Nice Place, Nice Price" Words we live by here at Red Roof!”

Again, thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you should your travel plans bring you back to the Naperville area.

I0195@redroof.com
Utica, IL
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great location. Lots of parking. Staff was pleasant knowledgeable and efficient. Room was modern and clean. Plan on staying here for business with my dog, too. Their reward program is great too. If you're traveling with pets this chain is very accommodating and does not charge pet fees

• Stayed March 2014
Dear ibdivn,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that we have exceeded their expectations. It is so nice to hear that you enjoy our RediCard rewards program and that we are pet friendly.

Again, thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you and your pet when your travel plans bring you back to the Naperville area.

Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I traveled all the way from Tampa, Florida and was visiting family. I checked in a bit late at 5pm and they were expecting me as soon as I walked in the door. I got my key with no problems and went to my room. It was 33 degrees outside and I opened my door to a warm room. I will stay again if I am in the area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Ariel H,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests who have had a wonderful experience while lodging at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. We try extremely hard to provide our guest with a wonderful lodging experience.

Tavernier, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I decided to stay at this hotel because of all of the positive reviews and the very reasonable price of $73 a night for a king room. When I started the reservation process and signing up for the Redicard, (the frequent stay program) they increased my rate to $95 a night. This not only seems high for a Red Roof Inn but I was quoted $73 at the beginning of the reservation process. I called the Hotel directly as well as the Red Roof 800 number and I was told that because they were getting full the rates went up and there is nothing they can do about it even though I was quoted the cheaper price at the start. I don't have a problem paying that much for a room, I usually pay more than this but its the way it was handled. They didn't care about correcting the situation nor keeping a potential guest happy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear worfbag,

I can understand your confusion and want to express my sincerest apologies. I don’t really understand what happened and would appreciate the opportunity to make this right for you. Please contact me at 630-369-2500 or via email at i0195@redroof.com.

630-369-2500.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

When we made the reservations to stay here I new we were going to have a good place to stay but I didn't realize how wonderful our rooms were going to be. The remodel of this place is great, it really looks like your staying at a contemporary boutique hotel. Our room was very clean we had extra towels and amenities already in our room which was great! The front desk employee and GM were so nice and made it their priority to make sure our stay was the best that it could be. Overall I am very happy with my stay here and would certainly come back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear marchesi7787,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are so please that you were impressed by our recent renovation and that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Naperville. I have shared your comments with Jose and the entire staff as they truly appreciated comments from our guest. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services each day and to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience.

Thank you again staying with us and it is our hope that your travels will bring you back to the Red Roof Inn Naperville in the near future.

Oregon, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The last time I stayed at a Red Roof Inn (Florida) was August 2008 and it was without a doubt the worst experience i have ever had.

This was a surprising change from that last experience.

I'll start with registration, the process was simple and Jose on the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful, providing me with menus for local and chain eateries, answering any questions i had (particularly about the in room safe and that ''hidden'' $1.50 fee.) This welcome made me feel really comfortable with the hotel, despite the seemingly sketchy location (the construction around the hotel added to this and with out it i would not have been concerned.)

Upon making my way up to the room i encountered two members of house keeping staff, both were polite, asked if i needed direction and made sure i had enough room to get through with all my luggage.

The room, as stated in other reviews, had recently been refurbished, and some of this work was clearly hastily done but was nothing that would make me alter my review from very good. The large vanity was nice, mirrors, sink and shower all clean, towels were fresh and folded (this is an improvement on my '08 stay in Florida.) On the desk was a review card signed by the member of housekeeping staff who cleaned your room after the last guest (a nice touch to know who cleaned your room before your stay.)

The bed was slightly hard, but i am used to a softer bed and some guests might like a harder bed, that is really a choice of opinion and i wont mark it down based on the hard bed.

The reason i can not give it a five star review is for several little things. The bathroom is very small (too small for a man of my stature to fit comfortably) and the space creating shower curtain (the curved bar out into the room) is pointless as the curtain must stay in the bath to catch the water so you are left with pretty much the same amount of room as a regular shower curtain. It might seem petty but a bathroom often makes or breaks my stay at hotels. The effort was made to make it comfortable but it is just too small for my liking.

Also, the carpeted area under the beds felt gritty underfoot and could use a deep clean as i fear the dirt is geting ground into it and isnt too pleasent first thing in the morning.

The housekeeper who cleaned my room was vigilante, making sure to pick stuff up and clean but left the rpeviosu patrons makeup sitting on the chair.

There are six light switches in the room (the room is pretty small) and seems like too much, i know lights can be wired together, why not do this and cut down on the number of light switches, it just seems excessive.

The last thing is the four plastic cups, each individually wrapped, i understand why they need to be individually wrapped (for health and safety) but i feel its creates pointless, unnecessary garbage. why not use real glasses and wash them in an industrial dishwasher between guests? cut down on the plastic waste by 100% per room? Also, two trash cans is one too many for a room this size, again i am thinking of the planet and thinking one garbage can will cut down on trash. I was intentional about only using one can but other guests might not think that way and that means two plastic sacks have to be replaced between guests.

I know it might seem i am being picky but i work in hospitality and receiving feedback like this, even if corporate do nothing about it can allow a site to improve time and time again.

I only hope the manager reads this and takes my feedback into account.

i loved my stay and wish it was a little longer.

Room Tip: My room was on the back of the hotel (a view of steak and shake when you walk out your room is a wel...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear rsimpson040,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Chicago - Naperville IL. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your honest feedback.

Your comments are truly appreciated by Jose and the housekeeping staff, especially when their hard work is recognized by our guests. At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and it is our hope that we will see you in the near future.

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Naperville