“No customer service”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Tavernier, Florida
“No customer service”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I decided to stay at this hotel because of all of the positive reviews and the very reasonable price of $73 a night for a king room. When I started the reservation process and signing up for the Redicard, (the frequent stay program) they increased my rate to $95 a night. This not only seems high for a Red Roof Inn but I was quoted $73 at the beginning of the reservation process. I called the Hotel directly as well as the Red Roof 800 number and I was told that because they were getting full the rates went up and there is nothing they can do about it even though I was quoted the cheaper price at the start. I don't have a problem paying that much for a room, I usually pay more than this but its the way it was handled. They didn't care about correcting the situation nor keeping a potential guest happy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear worfbag,

I can understand your confusion and want to express my sincerest apologies. I don’t really understand what happened and would appreciate the opportunity to make this right for you. Please contact me at 630-369-2500 or via email at i0195@redroof.com.

630-369-2500.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

When we made the reservations to stay here I new we were going to have a good place to stay but I didn't realize how wonderful our rooms were going to be. The remodel of this place is great, it really looks like your staying at a contemporary boutique hotel. Our room was very clean we had extra towels and amenities already in our room which was great! The front desk employee and GM were so nice and made it their priority to make sure our stay was the best that it could be. Overall I am very happy with my stay here and would certainly come back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear marchesi7787,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are so please that you were impressed by our recent renovation and that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Naperville. I have shared your comments with Jose and the entire staff as they truly appreciated comments from our guest. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services each day and to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience.

Thank you again staying with us and it is our hope that your travels will bring you back to the Red Roof Inn Naperville in the near future.

Oregon, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The last time I stayed at a Red Roof Inn (Florida) was August 2008 and it was without a doubt the worst experience i have ever had.

This was a surprising change from that last experience.

I'll start with registration, the process was simple and Jose on the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful, providing me with menus for local and chain eateries, answering any questions i had (particularly about the in room safe and that ''hidden'' $1.50 fee.) This welcome made me feel really comfortable with the hotel, despite the seemingly sketchy location (the construction around the hotel added to this and with out it i would not have been concerned.)

Upon making my way up to the room i encountered two members of house keeping staff, both were polite, asked if i needed direction and made sure i had enough room to get through with all my luggage.

The room, as stated in other reviews, had recently been refurbished, and some of this work was clearly hastily done but was nothing that would make me alter my review from very good. The large vanity was nice, mirrors, sink and shower all clean, towels were fresh and folded (this is an improvement on my '08 stay in Florida.) On the desk was a review card signed by the member of housekeeping staff who cleaned your room after the last guest (a nice touch to know who cleaned your room before your stay.)

The bed was slightly hard, but i am used to a softer bed and some guests might like a harder bed, that is really a choice of opinion and i wont mark it down based on the hard bed.

The reason i can not give it a five star review is for several little things. The bathroom is very small (too small for a man of my stature to fit comfortably) and the space creating shower curtain (the curved bar out into the room) is pointless as the curtain must stay in the bath to catch the water so you are left with pretty much the same amount of room as a regular shower curtain. It might seem petty but a bathroom often makes or breaks my stay at hotels. The effort was made to make it comfortable but it is just too small for my liking.

Also, the carpeted area under the beds felt gritty underfoot and could use a deep clean as i fear the dirt is geting ground into it and isnt too pleasent first thing in the morning.

The housekeeper who cleaned my room was vigilante, making sure to pick stuff up and clean but left the rpeviosu patrons makeup sitting on the chair.

There are six light switches in the room (the room is pretty small) and seems like too much, i know lights can be wired together, why not do this and cut down on the number of light switches, it just seems excessive.

The last thing is the four plastic cups, each individually wrapped, i understand why they need to be individually wrapped (for health and safety) but i feel its creates pointless, unnecessary garbage. why not use real glasses and wash them in an industrial dishwasher between guests? cut down on the plastic waste by 100% per room? Also, two trash cans is one too many for a room this size, again i am thinking of the planet and thinking one garbage can will cut down on trash. I was intentional about only using one can but other guests might not think that way and that means two plastic sacks have to be replaced between guests.

I know it might seem i am being picky but i work in hospitality and receiving feedback like this, even if corporate do nothing about it can allow a site to improve time and time again.

I only hope the manager reads this and takes my feedback into account.

i loved my stay and wish it was a little longer.

Room Tip: My room was on the back of the hotel (a view of steak and shake when you walk out your room is a wel...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear rsimpson040,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Chicago - Naperville IL. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your honest feedback.

Your comments are truly appreciated by Jose and the housekeeping staff, especially when their hard work is recognized by our guests. At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and it is our hope that we will see you in the near future.

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Naperville
I0195@redroof.com
Chico, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The room was recently renovated with new furniture, flat-screen tv, nice vanity with plenty of room and great bed. I made my reservation directly with the front-desk over the phone, rather than being sent to a separate 800 number to start over again. Close to 88 and shopping. No problems . The lighting was great for reading, with overhead, wall sconce below a comfortable chair. The desk had plenty of access to outlets for charging and desktop space.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Dwight S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests who have had a wonderful experience while lodging at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. We try extremely hard to provide our guest with a wonderful lodging experience. We are so please that you enjoyed our newly renovated property, with the flat screen television and the new vessel sinks with our additional outlets.

It is our goal that every guest experiences a clean room, affordable rate and friendly and helpful staff members that know the meaning of having a "hospitality heart". "Nice Place, Nice Price" Words we live by here at Red Roof!”

Again, thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you should your travel plans bring you back to the Naperville area.

Regards,

Kansas City
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed 2 nights the weekend before Christmas, 2013. The rate including tax was $67 a night, (which is very competitive for the market it serves), using the Red Roof Inn reservation website. Much more important, especially in the winter, was the ability to cancel the reservation by 6:00PM of the day booked without being charged extra for the privilege at the time of booking.

Our original reservation was for 3 nights, and there was no problem at all eliminating the last night of our stay when our plans changed slightly. This sort of flexibility used to be an industry standard, but much like the airline industry gouging travelers in every way imaginable now days, many hotels also now charge extra if you want a refundable room rate. Red Roof Inn stands above its peers in this respect.

The room itself was satisfactory. The furnishings were all new and the room was nicely decorated for what it was. Lots of hot water in the shower, but with tiny towels that most hotels would only use pool-side. The beds while comfortable, were standard double beds, not queen, so it was a little tight for 4 people in the room. The hotel is on Illinois-59 which is a busy road, hence traffic noise was noticeable, especially with outside room access as is the case with most Red Roof Inns.

The staff were friendly and responsive. The only real disappointment was housekeeping. When we returned to our room the second night, the room was not made-up. There were fresh towels in the bathroom, so someone had been there. But neither of the beds had been made, nor had the room been properly prepared in any other way. We weren't expecting clean sheets, but at a minimum the beds should have been made.

Overall, with cost the primary consideration on this particular trip, the Naperville Red Roof Inn was a good option in spite of the other shortcomings.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear princeofwaldo,

Thank you so much for all your kind words. We are so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations in booking your reservation and for our cancellation policy. .

I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations concerning your room being cleaned on your on the second day of your stay. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service and to prove our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

It is our hope that we will see you again in the near future. Thank you again for being our guest.

Regards,

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This Red Roof Inn demonstrates why I still use this chain regularly for business travel. It is renovated, which makes all the difference! I stayed one night in a Superior King ($74.13 with AAA discount and tax). The room was very clean, fresh feeling, well lit, plenty of electrical outlets. And then there is that good coffee in the lobby the next morning. The room itself is about as good as a Fairfield Inn. You just lose the fitness room and hot breakfast.
Some Red Roof Inns are dumps. But this one is worth it. I marked it as a place to definitely stay in again next time I work in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear MTIndiana,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Naperville in our Superior King room and that the room was very clean, fresh feeling, good lighting and plenty of electrical outlets.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience

Our goal is to make each of our guest feel confident, significant, and delighted during their stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Franklin, IN
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I don't normally take the time to comment , but Ken was extremely professional and went out of his way to help me at 5:00AM in the morning. I'd love to have people like Ken working for me in my company. Keep up the good work, Ken. People really do notice you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Paul S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Chicago - Naperville IL. We are so pleased to hear that Ken exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us.

Your comments are truly appreciated by Ken and the entire staff, especially when their hard work is recognized by our guests. At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience.