“Spring Break Surprise”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Spring Break Surprise”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed in Naperville many times, but this was my first experience with Red Roof Inn. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the room, the helpfulness of the staff, and the amenities in the room, at such a bargain price. The rooms have been remodeled and it has the feel of a modern boutique hotel at a fraction of the cost. The housekeeping and desk staff were very attentive and met my requests - especially Veronica and Maria (housekeeping) and Michelle (desk). The room was quiet for the most part, but keep in mind that this is a "motel" and all rooms face toward the parking lot. The only noise came from the wall with the door, and traffic is heavy, but not so much that it becomes bothersome. Enough outlets for all my devices, and then some. Excellent location, close to I-88 and plenty of restaurants and shopping. We stayed for a week and wish it could have been longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Amy H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. We are so pleased that you gave us the opportunity to provide you with your lodging accommodations for a week and that you enjoyed our newly renovated property. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spring break and all of the wonderful things that Naperville has to offer. I can assure you that I have shared your review with Veronica, Maria and Michelle and the entire staff, as feedback from you our valued guest is always welcomed.

Again, thank you for staying with us and it is our hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Cathy Wingler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have been staying here for many years and have always been very pleased with the staff, they usually recognize me upon arrival. Michelle is always courteous and friendly, so is the other staff, when she is not there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear flamingoglass,

Welcome Back and thank you for writing a review on your recent visit to Naperville Red Roof Inn. It is so nice to hear that for many years you have been pleased with the staff and that you remain a loyal guest.

At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience. I will be sure to share your comments with Michelle, and the rest of the staff regarding your visit. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and it is our hope that you will continue to make us your “home away from home”.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Michelle of Red Roof Inn Naperville is an excellent employee. She accommodate me and my wife and found my shoes that I left on my last stay. She was able to recover them. Its always a pleasant to see her and well professional. MIchelle is awesome, thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gino G,

Thank you for writing a wonderful review and letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. I am so pleased that Michelle was able to locate your shoes from a previous stay and return them to you.

Your comments are truly appreciated by the staff, especially when their hard work is recognized by our guests. I will share your comments with Michelle and the rest of my team.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the best value I have found in a hotel. The room was spotless and extremely attractive. There were no frills like a breakfast in the lobby or coffee maker in the room but the decor was very attractive. The renovation has made an older hotel fully up to date. It is the first hotel with enough accessible outlets for all of my devices. With a flat screen TV and a nice work station, it was an easy place to stay for the 3 days we were here. I like the combination of laminate floor and carpet. The bed was comfortable. The location was ideal. The service was very friendly and accommodating. There are also deluxe rooms if you desire a few more ammenities.

• Stayed March 2013
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Phitchr,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are so please that you were impressed by our newly renovated Inn and that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Naperville. I will share your comments with Michelle and Claribel and the entire staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services each day and to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience.

Thank you again staying with us and it is our hope that your travels will bring you back to the Red Roof Inn Naperville in the near future.

Vista, CA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

On a recent trip to the Chicago area I looked at tripadvisor to see the top rated hotels in Naperville. Lo and behold a low end chain I had stayed at (in Detroit) probably 20 years ago showed up 'Red Roof'. I was so intrigued (along with my penchant for being cheap!) that I decided to give it a whirl.

First, its still a Red Roof! Despite the glowing reviews it is not remotely on pare with a Marriot or Hilton property. So forget the hyperbole on the reviews. Its still a 2 star, at best 3 star 'motor inn'.

So with the above caveats if you are on a budget and need a clean place to stay in a pinch.. good choice. The room I had was clean and tidy and everything was in good working order. One person comments on how nice the beds are....forget that... mine was ok to sleep on one night but pretty cheap and pretty hard (which I like but most won't).

The people at the front desk were super, super nice and very helpful.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel off the road is probably a good idea.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear NoSleepSam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience as one of our guests. It is our desire and hope that you ultimately leave with the feeling of “Nice Place, Nice Price” and we are thrilled that we have at least accomplished that. As was the case with your experience, we strive to provide you a clean room with everything in working order, and of course, a level of service that will exceed your expectations. This value rivals other hotels that are considered more upscale, and for that we are proud to offer such accommodations to our guests. I certainly hope that you will give us another chance to once again show you this value the next time you are in the Chicagoland area.

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2013

i was in naperville il on business for a couple of day and i chose to stay at thei red roof inn i had a pleasant stay the staff was wonderful the room was nice and clean recently remodeled looks great easy to find right off eway would def stay again had a wonderful stay :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear paris b,

Thank you so much for posting a wonderful review. We are so please that you were impressed by our recent renovation and that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Naperville. I will share your comments with the entire staff as they are truly appreciated. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services each day and to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience.

Ohio
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was very impressed with this motel/inn. It looks as if it's been recently updated with a flat screen TV, new bed linens and bathroom vanity. The front desk staff is wonderful and couldn't have been more helpful.

For the price, we couldn't have asked for anything more: Clean, comfortable, and in a great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear MoeMom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so please that you were impressed by our recent renovation and that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Naperville. I will share your comments with the entire staff as they are truly appreciated. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services each day and to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience.