“Pleasant surprise at a reasonable price”

Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just girls escaping for a bit of shopping and fun...Clean room...wood floors so much better than the usual dirty carpeting. No problem getting extra towels. Viri so helpful and friendly. Like the small kleenex tissue packets...less waste...but, co
uld use a couple in room...no prob getting extra when needed.Comfy beds and pillows. Everything worked. Could use small refrig and hair dryer.

Room Tip: I think all are good rooms...no probs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear dealseakingtraveler,

I wanted to let you know that we do have Superior King rooms that do have a micro/fridge and in room coffee. We also have iron and ironing boards at the front desk and if you let us know before you arrive it would be our pleasure to put them in your room before you arrive.

I will make sure to share your comments with Viri and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. After a six hour drive we didn't give the rom a good look over before we unpacked. There are multiple outlets built in to the night tables on each side of the bed. None of them worked. The television and remote didn't work either. So f the only good point was that the room was clean. In the morning I realized there was no hair dryer and the curtain rod holding the curtain over the window was only attached to the wall on ne side. As this was a ground floor room a curtain was important.

As we were leaving for the day, I stopped by the front desk and asked to have the above mentioned problems fixed. Two hours later I received a phone all stating that we needed to move to another room for this work to be completed. My initial annoyance was soon abated as the front desk worker told me that we wouldn't be charged for the first night of the 2 day stay.

One other policy to be aware of is that you need to initial a lot of clauses in the contract when you ign in. One of these is a fee for the safe of $1.50. If you don't use the safe, remenber to ask for this fee to be removed. I saw many people initialing with out reading what the clauses.

Room Tip: For a few dollars more, you can get a room with a refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Oneleggedtraveler,

Thank you for completing an on line review, your feedback is very important to us. I am so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations while you were our guest. I want you to know that further inspection of the condition of your room did not meet our quality standards either, and that is why it was important to move you to a different room. I want you to know that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. I am also glad to see that the staff made sure to follow through and ensure you were completely satisfied with our response in handling your concern.

Please also allow me the opportunity to address your other concern as well. So as not to invade the privacy of our guests, we do not ask of their intent to use the in-room safe service, but rather inform them about the warranty information upon check-in and allow each guest to make that decision in the convenience and privacy of their own room. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

General Manger

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I haven't stayed in a Red Roof for years, although I'm a fan of their simple, no-frills approach. Their properties weren't aging well and they still tended to have too few non-smoking rooms available. Well, I recently spent a few days in the newly-renovated Red Roof in Naperville, and I was VERY impressed. Other motel chains should take a close look at RR's approach.

From the outside, it doesn't look much different; it's the familiar RR design, with doors opening onto an outdoor walkway. Inside the rooms, it's a different story. Every room is non-smoking. There are now hardwood floors (maybe it's fake-wood laminate; I couldn't tell) with some simple, minimal carpeting near the door and around the bed. The beds are somewhat lower but very comfortable. The furniture is dark wood and modernistic, and every room has a HDTV. The decor has an quasi-Japanese feeling that is a refreshing change from the bland furniture and stain-hiding carpet and bedspread patterns of most motels.

If you've never stayed in a Red Roof, be aware that the amenities are VERY limited. There's free wifi, but not much beyond that. The basic room doesn't even have a coffeemaker (they are available in the larger rooms, though). But do you really need all that stuff? I don't.

A couple of minor criticisms, in case anyone from Red Roof is reading these reviews. (1) The A/C units weren't upgraded with the renovation, and the one in my room sounded like a diesel engine and blew musty-smelling air. (2) Most hotels have two curtains over the window -- a thick, light-blocking curtain and a thinner curtain that lets in light but gives you some privacy. This Red Roof has only the thick curtain, so if you want some natural light during the day you'll feel like a zoo animal as people walk by your room and glance in.

Overall, though, this place is a terrific value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank db05202014f

Dear steve8489,

Welcome back! Thank you so my much for posting such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. I am so pleased that you enjoy our newly renovated rooms with our new bedding, flat screen television and our choice of floor covering.

The Heat and Air Conditioning units have not been updated in all rooms, that is something that we are working on to get completed.

Our goal is to make each of our guest feel confident, significant, and delighted during their stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Renovations were a breath of fresh air! Especially if you have allergies!
No disgusting carpets! ALL HARD WOOD FLOORS!!! I was sold on that point alone! The room has an asian feel and very intimate!

Which brings me to the point of a low bed! I prefer a high bed but yet in still it was comfortable. The pillows were fluffy and the bedding and cover was thin and very clean- like new!
Overall, the room was very clean!!! I will definitely be staying at this particular Redroof Inn again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
i0195, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear JeremyLewis0325,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a motel - outdoor hallways and room entrance. However, the area was business and safe - no one hanging around, etc. We had two rooms - two double beds room and standard king room. Both were very clean and recently remodeled. The double beds room was fairly standard size. The standard king was very small, but doable. The bathrooms were pretty small, but again, doable. I like that the sink was outside the bathroom. Blow dryer was not standard in room, but available at the desk. No coffee in room, but available in lobby 24/7. The motel is pretty close to the highway, but we couldn't hear traffic when the door was closed Michelle, at the front desk, was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: rooms ending in 17 are smaller due to location of elevator and storage room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank quezmom
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear quezmom,

pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the newly renovated rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Michelle and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

If you are looking to stay anywhere close to the Aurora/Naperville area you MUST stay at the Red Roof Inn! The customer service is beyond excellent! Michelle is the most customer friendly person that you would ever work with and your stay will be very refreshing!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard L
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Dear Richard L,

Thank you so my much for posting such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. I am so pleased that you enjoy stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Michelle and the entire team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

They advertise rooms as spa like and with marble, above counter sink, wide screen TV, dark woods, and firm beds, they come very close. The front desk folks checked us in and out quickly. No breakfast but the adjacent Steak and Shake has great breakfasts. Bottom line is a top quality room at a budget price, what's not to like.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a ground floor room as these are taken first, though there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank z0607
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear z0607,

Thank you so much for posting an on line review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Naperville Red Roof Inn. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.