“not for business travelers”

Chicago Marriott Naperville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed August 21, 2013

very beautiful business and the front desk staff was nice.

However, the rooms are very poorly designed. The size is what you would expect in a downtown chicago hotel room, not in a suburban one.

It was difficult to sit at the desk without bumping into the queen size bed.

No free internet... just not acceptable for a hotel catering to business travelers.

Parking lot is a big hike to the front entrance and not particularly well lite at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MarkJMinneapolis
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m sorry to hear that the size of your room was not what you expected. Although we did do a renovation unfortunately we could not increase the size of the rooms. We also have complimentary internet in the lobby for everyone to use. We have a business center also that has access to complimentary internet.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very nice hotel . The hotel staff was great ! Real clean and good beds! The hotel restaurant was neat and staff very helpful. Great breakfast buffet ! The best burger I have had in a while:) Shopping and other food choices not far away .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms at the hotel and had an opportunity to visit the restaurant. I have passed on your positive comments to the Food and Beverage team about your experience with the breakfast buffet. I also shared your comments on the burger you had with them.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

beautiful facility, and great big large rooms with outstanding staff!

Pretty close to the Naperville area, and while a little bit further than 2 blocks to the train station, it was easy to get to Chicago and back; then hit the pool and comfy beds.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms at the hotel and had an opportunity to use the pool after a long day.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Clean rooms and clean and new bed linens.

Excellent breakfast. I love it.

And good cookies when we come in the evening.!!

wide lobby and starbucks inside.

(Tripadvisor, don't force us to write atleast 200 characters.!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I’m happy it showed during your stay. I am glad you had an opportunity to have the excellent cookies at night.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here and it was beautiful. We had a very restful night here. It is close to I-88 but you never heard any interstate noise. It is close to restaurants and not far from shopping. The staff was warm and welcoming. Room was very clean. We needed extra towels and the staff arrived with them quickly. It looked like a lovely place to have a wedding reception. They were in fact having several while we were there,but were not bothered by any noise.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I’m happy it showed during your stay. I am also happy to hear the noise from the interstate didn’t affect your night while you were here. I have also passed on your positive comments to the housekeeping department.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Attended a medical conference here for a week. Excellent service, rooms are big and very clean. Nice pool and jacuzzi and great workout room. Very close to dining places.Will definitely come back here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I worked in Naperville 6 yrs ago (retired) and moved back to Indiana. Went out there to have dinner and a meeting with friends and we decided not to try to make the drive back after an evening or enjoyment. The price was moderate for the area, and they have remodeled the lobby and it is totally fantastic with a Starbucks there. Lots of places to sit and have my morning coffee (early riser) and just enjoy the start of the day. Room was great, a king corner room with a nice view. Bathroom was outstanding. While we weren't at the hotel for a vacation, just to sleep overnight, it was very nice to have such a good location and we've already said we'd stay there every time we return up there, it's just not worth risking a 90 minute drive after a full day and heavy dinner. The only issue is, no band / entertainment in the lobby bar. When we came back to the hotel, we kind of wanted a night cap and thought would be fun to sit down there and enjoy some music, but while the bar was open, the only music was the overhead speaker music. There are a lot of hotels in Naperville, up and down Diehl Rd, but I liked this one due to the proximity to the expressway, close enough to downtown to easily get there.
One of the best parts, in my opinion, that when we arrived to check in, there were some problems with others in front of us at the check in desk (trying to get a room that met their budgets, apparently no reservations) and just as I was starting to fidget, the front desk manager opened another computer and checked us in. She (I wish I remembered her name, she deserves a big nice job, read it then, but forgot it) was quick, found our reservation, got our tickets and we moved on, the others were still occupying the other three computers. From what I could see the staff couldn't have been nicer and accommodating to them and the delays were not the hotels issue. Didn't eat breakfast or use the spa, but if you stay any length of time, it might be worth it.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, while you are right by the expressway, you'd never know it. Room was very...