“Beautiful”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Robins, IA
“Beautiful”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here and it was beautiful. We had a very restful night here. It is close to I-88 but you never heard any interstate noise. It is close to restaurants and not far from shopping. The staff was warm and welcoming. Room was very clean. We needed extra towels and the staff arrived with them quickly. It looked like a lovely place to have a wedding reception. They were in fact having several while we were there,but were not bothered by any noise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I’m happy it showed during your stay. I am also happy to hear the noise from the interstate didn’t affect your night while you were here. I have also passed on your positive comments to the housekeeping department.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Attended a medical conference here for a week. Excellent service, rooms are big and very clean. Nice pool and jacuzzi and great workout room. Very close to dining places.Will definitely come back here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I worked in Naperville 6 yrs ago (retired) and moved back to Indiana. Went out there to have dinner and a meeting with friends and we decided not to try to make the drive back after an evening or enjoyment. The price was moderate for the area, and they have remodeled the lobby and it is totally fantastic with a Starbucks there. Lots of places to sit and have my morning coffee (early riser) and just enjoy the start of the day. Room was great, a king corner room with a nice view. Bathroom was outstanding. While we weren't at the hotel for a vacation, just to sleep overnight, it was very nice to have such a good location and we've already said we'd stay there every time we return up there, it's just not worth risking a 90 minute drive after a full day and heavy dinner. The only issue is, no band / entertainment in the lobby bar. When we came back to the hotel, we kind of wanted a night cap and thought would be fun to sit down there and enjoy some music, but while the bar was open, the only music was the overhead speaker music. There are a lot of hotels in Naperville, up and down Diehl Rd, but I liked this one due to the proximity to the expressway, close enough to downtown to easily get there.
One of the best parts, in my opinion, that when we arrived to check in, there were some problems with others in front of us at the check in desk (trying to get a room that met their budgets, apparently no reservations) and just as I was starting to fidget, the front desk manager opened another computer and checked us in. She (I wish I remembered her name, she deserves a big nice job, read it then, but forgot it) was quick, found our reservation, got our tickets and we moved on, the others were still occupying the other three computers. From what I could see the staff couldn't have been nicer and accommodating to them and the delays were not the hotels issue. Didn't eat breakfast or use the spa, but if you stay any length of time, it might be worth it.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, while you are right by the expressway, you'd never know it. Room was very...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We are actually in the process of trying to find entertainment for the bar area on a nightly basis. I will also pass on your positive comments to the manager on duty for assisting you during your check in.
Roselle, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend and it was very nice ... The service was great everyone was very helpful... The hotel and rooms are very clean... WE would def go back ... Very close to downtown Napervile and you can take a shuttle compliments of the Marriott

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dina848
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the service during your stay at the hotel.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in a double room on the 4th floor. The room was clean and neatly decorated, but it was so cramped. The ceiling is low and the bathroom is a situation where you can be at the sink, on the toliet, and taking a shower simultaneously. Tried to upgrade to more spacious room, but the hotel was full. The noise from the hall came right into the room as if the persons were occupying the room with us. It was loud all night and all morning as persons traversed the hall. They do not have a mini bar or frig in the room which is a major inconvenience, and to me just a deal breaker. You can request a frig, but it is first come first serve so if you check in on a Sat, forget about it. They have a lovely Starbucks, bar, lobby area, and the hotel is close to good dining. These are a few saving graces. We will not return due to the discomfort in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m sorry to hear that the room was not what you were expecting. We are in the process of getting refrigerators in all of our rooms. We are also working on a reasonable solution for the noise reduction in the rooms.
atlanta, ga
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We slept so well here the weekend that we were here. There was no noise--it was great. I was worried because the lobby is very busy with families, kids, people etc--but the room was great. We heard nothing. The bed was so comfortable and I lived the pillows. The only negative is that they charge for internet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. It is a pleasure to hear how you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m also happy to hear how you loved the Marriott bedding package. Although there is a charge for internet in the room we do have a business center in the lobby with complimentary internet and in the lobby area you can receive complimentary internet.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2013

For a Marriott, this place isn't that great. Very poor sound insulation between the door and the hallways and between rooms. I've stayed here twice, I thought the first time was a fluke, and I won't be returning.

I've stayed in Marriott's across the globe, this if the first that I've encountered like this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chris w
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I have passed on your comments to our engineering department who are in the process of trying solutions to fix the noise level with the rooms.