“Poor sound insulation”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Poor sound insulation”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

For a Marriott, this place isn't that great. Very poor sound insulation between the door and the hallways and between rooms. I've stayed here twice, I thought the first time was a fluke, and I won't be returning.

I've stayed in Marriott's across the globe, this if the first that I've encountered like this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chris w
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I have passed on your comments to our engineering department who are in the process of trying solutions to fix the noise level with the rooms.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here numerous times under different hotel brands. This hotel is in an excellent location with easy access to expressway. A number of good restaurants within walking distance and the town of Naperville close by which has numerous food places. What impressed me this time was what Marriott has done to what was a tired hotel. Very modern and very updated with good food choices within the hotel and excellent service. Hats off!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the modern feel the hotel has to offer.
Singapore
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The room was spacious and bright, and the bathrooms were a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately the hotel seemed to have some problem with their plumbing, as the bathroom didn't have warm water for three consecutive days of our stay. Repeated calls to the reception didn't result in any follow up, with a standard response of "we will get back to you" from them. The problem didn't get resolved till the day we checked out, which was a problem that we could have done without. It was particularly galling as we were traveling with kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank S K
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I want to apologize for the inconvenience of having no hot water. Having kids I can understand the value of a hot shower at the end of the day. Although the situation took time to fix their should have been constant communication between you and the staff to explain the situation.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for a hockey tournament. The tournament chose the hotel, and this was obviously one of the better ones. The room was very spacious and clean. Housekeeping did a great job in the morning making it all nice and fresh again. The pool of course was crowded with hockey players, but the outside deck was a nice treat to escape the noise and splashing. The hottub was of course filled will children and babies, like any hotel lately.
We ordered room service on the final morning.. It was served quickly by a very nice young man who was exceptionally pleasant. They had forgotten my 'pastries' and he rushed back, delivered them to me in with a nice tray in bed....what a nice touch.
We did not use any of the other amenities at the hotel, but they had a nice open bar and a sitting area with a large TV. The kids had fun watching playoff hockey together.
The hotel is easy to get to off the highway, but getting 'out' is tricky since the road that passes it is very busy. We had to go right and swing around to get on the highway, or wait a long time to get going.
An excellent restaurant, MULLENS, is not far, on Naperville Rd. We went for lunch and dinner They also accommodated our entire team for dinner, and did it really well. I'd recommend the fish and chips...burgers...and the huge grilled cheese on the children's menu! yum

Room Tip: The highway is far enough away that most rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m also happy to hear that you enjoyed the qualities the room had to offer. Although the inside pool area was crowded I’m glad you enjoyed the outdoor sitting area. I hope that you enjoyed some of the local flavors that Naperville has to offer our guest that come to the hotel.
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Exceptionally nice, clean hotel/lobby. Room was every nice, comfortable, quiet and clean. Conveniently located in a good area with plenty to do and lots of choices for eats. Great for a quick, last minute getaway. Not to far a drive from the riverwalk and downtown area. Plenty to do and see. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m also happy to hear that you enjoyed the qualities the room had to offer. I hope that you enjoyed some of the local flavors that Naperville has to offer our guest that come to the hotel.
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Super nice cause everthing is new. Nice indoor pool area. There is a short sidewalk walk to some pretty good restaurants. Left side of Hotel. We went to World of Beer which you bring in your own food. Yeah, weird, but it works. Brought food in from Naf Naf Grill.

It's a short distance by car to the Morton Arboretum, which has great paths to walk. BUT DON'T DO IT ON A HOT DAY,with anykind of heat. Arboretum has a super play area for the kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m glad you enjoyed our indoor pool area that the hotel has to offer. I’m also happy that you enjoyed some of the local flavors that Naperville has to offer our guest that come to the hotel.
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding. Clean, nice.. Extremely comfortable rooms, beds, linens. Pick this one. We wandered around the quaint restaurants snd stores of downtown Naperville and then enjoyed total relaxation. Soooo clean and well designed.

• Stayed June 2013