“Excellent hotel to use for Aurora and Chicago visit”

Chicago Marriott Naperville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Used this hotel because of the location - and it was a good choice for our other visits.
The hotel it self is close to the highway with not to much around except some F&B area with plenty of choice on all price levels.
Nice maintained and clean hotel - very good checkin and lobby service
Goody is the coffee bar (starbucks coffee).
Huge parking area well lit and easy to reach frm both entries
Rooms big enough for the both Q's - very good marriott quality beds and quite operating AC (and clean.!)
Bathroom updated with (big) shower only - so no wanna-be bath tub any more - very good!
We didnt use the F&B so no comments on that

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk a lot, try to get a room close to the elevator!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the Starbucks we have in the lobby. I have also shared your positive comments on the room to our housekeeping department.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel still has that brand new feel and is very spacious. Rooms are big and well equipped with nice TV's, modern lighting fixtures and accessible plug points. Rooms don't have any water bottles in them but if you ask for complimentary water, the front desk will give you some. Staff are polite and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am also happy to hear that our staff was helpful during your visit at our hotel.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

this wasnt my first choice. but an office mate suggested it so stayed here for a 5days during a short visit to relatives & friends. i had a good night sleep. beautiful rooms. why didnt i stayed here before. i will stay here again next time and will totally suggest it to friends & relatives to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maricel R

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am happy that after coming to our hotel you have now decided to come back again. We take great pride in the service we provide to our all of our guest and I’m happy that it showed during your stay.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

A large group of family and friends stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The hotel is newly remodeled with beautiful rooms. They were very big and clean. The staff was very polite and helpful. I will agree with another reviewer though that the breakfast area was WAY too small for the amount of people staying at the hotel. There were literally 339439248239 people crammed in line to get some eggs. I finally gave up and just ordered some hash browns because it was too stressful for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am happy you enjoyed your room and the new features the hotel offers. I have passed along your comments about the size of the buffet area to the food and beverage team. They are looking at ways to make the experience easier for everyone to have access to the buffet line. I’m sorry that the experience became stressful for you and I hope you still had an enjoyable dinning experience.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel a few years ago when it was a Holiday Inn. I couldn't believe this was the same hotel when I walked in. It is totally re-done in modern Marriott style. Starbucks in the lobby along with a bar/lounge area. Lots of places to sit in the lobby to enjoy the atmosphere and free wifi ( though you must pay for wifi in your room). There is also a nice lounge area with large screen TV and a restaurant on site as well. I didn't eat there because you are within walking distance to several nice restaurants. The room was small but well decorated. The bathroom was also small with only a walk in shower. Shuttle can take you to the Metra station if you want to go into downtown Chicago but Naperville is a lovely city too. From a frequent traveler, I can say that this is a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am happy you enjoyed your room and the new features the hotel offers. We have taken great pride in making the lobby experience enjoyable for everyone that comes to the hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Easy to get to off I-88. Comfortable lobby, Nice room, "ecco" so you put a room key in the slot by the door when you are in the room, so the lights work. When you leave and take you key, they go out. Loved the shower. Elevators were quick. Beautiful flowers at front desk! (I was there several times with questions, which they handled very well!) I would recommend asking for a floor higher than the 2nd. (Where we were) as we were above a banquet room with a band on Saturday night. We were part of a group booking, excellent rate. Ask about wifi when you book, they don't offer it free, but you might be able to talk them into it ahead of time. Otherwise it's an extra $9.95/day. No free breakfast either, but a Starbucks in the lobby, nice. We had a catered Italian buffet in a banquet room, outstanding for a buffet.

Room Tip: Higher than 2nd floor to avoid banquet room noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am happy you enjoyed your room and the new features the hotel offers. I have also shared your positive comments about the buffet during your banquet to our Food and Beverage team.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We checked into this hotel for a nice quiet weekend away from the city. This hotel should be called a college dorm.

In one day, there were three weddings, a family reunion, a soccer team, a dance team, a volleyball team, and other activities. To our surprise, when we checked in, we were informed the two-bed room we booked would have one bed for three adults. We requested a rollaway bed or a pull-out couch. They informed us there are 400 rooms and only 40 roll-away beds, which were all taken by the sports teams. We were left with one bed for three people (our daughter is 27 years old). After complaining and asking to add our name to a cancellation listing for a bigger room, we were moved to a handicapped room with a pull-out couch. We stayed there approximately two hours before the noise from the band right underneath our room gave us all a headache. We called the manager. The manager on duty said they were not supposed to even rent that room because it was right above the band.

This hotel is advertised as "The Best Full-Service Hotel in Naperville." That is false advertising. When we arrived for the breakfast buffet, there were no plates, no bacon, no potatoes, no sausage. There was one poor little lady to make waffles and eggs for a long line of people. When I contacted the manager of the buffet for food, her answer was, "We served 400 people this morning. I will find you a plate."

Do not stay at this hotel expecting service. When we visited the hotel restaurant to eat dinner, it was so noisy that we could not stand it so we took our food to the room. The sports teams had taken over the restaurant and were very noisy. The service was poor.

If you want peace and quiet or service, do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the second floor. It is directly above a dance floor, and the whole room will vibrat...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveler13333

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team as a training example. Although we do cater to a variety of groups and everyday travelers it is still the hotels number one priority to provide the highest quality of service during each persons visit. I’m sorry that you did not receive this high level of service during your stay. I have shared your concerns about the restaurant to our food and beverage team. Although there are times the restaurant can be busy we should have the food ready on the buffet line or plates ready for you to use during breakfast.
The Chicago Marriott Naperville would love to have you back and provide the level of service you expected during your first visit. Please let me know if you are interested in coming back by calling the hotel and ask for myself and we can make arrangements for your stay with us.