“Great Hotel Experience”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Homer Glen, IL
“Great Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

9 of us stayed at the hotel to celebrate several friends Birthdays. The staff was wonderful!! The reservations staff (reservations were made online but I needed to make some changes before we arrived), the front desk, the bartender, the transportation driver, housekeeping etc. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were totally satisfied. We had drinks in the lobby after dinner at White Chocolate Grill, which the hotel's transportation driver so kindly dropped us off and picked us up for. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast buffet in the morning and the rooms were exceptionally comfortable. I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. Great place for a weekend away or for business travel.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room not to far from the elevator since the floors are very long.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide our guest and I’m happy it showed during your stay. I’m also happy that you were able to use our complimentary shuttle for your dinner at the White Chocolate Grill. I have also shared your positive comments about the breakfast buffet to our Food and Beverage team. Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Every interaction with the staff was positive. All were happy and helpful, from checkin, to restaurant personnel. The facility was in good shape. Our room was as it should be in a facility in this range. The breakfast buffet was superior, both the food, the presentation and the service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide our guest and I’m happy it showed during your stay. Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Streamwood, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed for one night on Jan 19th 2013 for a family get together. The room was spacious, clean, modern and comfy and the hotel was beautiful. However, we all have little kids, wanted to enjoy the pool and when we got down there it was a NIGHTMARE. First off, the floor is so slippery, that it should be a crime to operate in that condition. My kids and all the other guests were slipping around and many guests fell to the floor. In addition, there were several hockey families there for some kind of tournaments I guess. The parents as well as their children acted like uncaged animals and were drinking alcohol like fish and throwing balls across the pool past our faces, yelling, screaming and dropping food everywhere. I understand hotels must accept this kind of business for weekends and slow times, because I am in the hospitality industry. But, these hockey families and their children were loud, disrespectful animals. This is no reflection on the hotel itself, it's a beautiful place to stay, except for the pool floor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared comments on your experience with our entire service team. We are currently looking into a different type of floor for the pool due to the slippery conditions we have now. I’m sorry the other guests became a problem for you. We do our best to try and monitor the pool as best as possible so incidents like this do not happen. Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here for two nights during Chrstmas holiday as it was close to my family's home. The hotel is very nice. The rooms are large and bed was very comfortable. The hotel seemed slow when I was there so check in and out was super quick. Also loved that there was a Starbucks in the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I hope you enjoyed your holiday season with your family. Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights at the hotel. This is the nicest Marriott I've stayed at in recent years. Everyone was very helpful and the concierge floor was great as well. I'd go so far as to say this new Marriott should be the blueprint for all new future Marriotts that are built. The room was spacious ad crystal clean along with the rest of the hotel.

Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MrRichard2010
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m happy that you enjoy the concierge floor. We take great pride in providing exceptional service to our guest and I’m happy it showed during your stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nicely renovated property with artful and modern touches throughout. Rooms are spacious and everything is shiny and new. Starbucks in the lobby too!

What truly sets this location apart is staff attitude and service - which is crisp, efficient and friendly. Example: We had to leave early to avoid bad weather at our destination, and the staff was efficient and friendly getting our folios closed before the rush to O'Hare, and even credited part of the stay.
Also, I had a package delivery arrive late, and instead of charging a fortune for a courier to transport it to a nearby client, they arranged for a shuttle to deliver it for FREE! Who does that!? Truly a "new world" property with "old world" service and values. Thanks Britney, Maria and the entire staff.

I'll be staying here in the future mainly for the great service; but also because it is an excellent location for business, shopping and visiting Naperville/Warrenville area - don't miss the downtowns. Also, don't miss Cooper's Hawk Restaurant & Winery next door. Excellent wines and food in a similarly cool vibe.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing south or west - north and east are highway/boulevard. Corner rooms and those i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I have passed on your comments to Brittney and Maria as well as the rest of the staff at the hotel. We take great pride in providing exceptional service to our guest and I’m happy it showed during your stay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just for New Years Eve in order to attend a wedding reception on premises, so we only stayed one night. The staff was friendly and the rooms were fresh and clean (i believe they have been remodeled). The bed was very comfy and I would have had a good few hours rest... If it werent for the lack of sound proofing in the walls. You could hear EVERYTHING going on in the hallway. And because we were part of a room block for a wedding, there was alot of activity on our floor (if there was anyone who stayed on our floor who wasn't a part of the room block, I am very sorry for all the noise we caused). So other then that, the hotel is very nice... But I suggest you bring some ear gear to help you sleep, just in case.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. Thank you for noticing all the work we have done with the renovation. Unfortunately there was not a lot we could do with the existing walls.