“Very reasonable rate and good stay”

Hampton Inn Chicago Naperville
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Chicago
“Very reasonable rate and good stay”
Reviewed January 9, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a Saturday night in January and had a good stay. The room was clean and the hotel was very quiet (note that the hotel also seemed very empty that night, so there were probably very few people in rooms near my room). Check in was very quick and I was given the room I reserved. Unexpectedly, they left a bottle of water and a pack of ritz crackers in my room along with a letter welcoming me- I thought this was a nice touch.

Breakfast the next morning was very good. There was french toast sticks, sausage patties, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, etc.

The best part of the stay was the rate- through the Hilton website I was able to get a rate of $63/night. This is a much better rate than most of the surrounding Naperville/Lisle hotels and it is one of the few hotels in that area that includes breakfast in the price.

• Liked — Rate, location, breakfast included.
  • Tips/Secrets — Check hilton.com rates periodicly- rates change all the time.
  • Stayed January 2007
1 Thank KAAdventures

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Arlington, VA
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I would never stay at this hotel again. Was in town for a wedding and this is where the rooms were blocked. I stay in Hampton Inns often and this does not deserve to be called one!

Decor is dark and outdated. Beds were extremely uncomfortable and old. I thought all Hampton Inns had been updated to the comfy beds with white comforters, but I was wrong. The room was so dark and the beds were hard as a rock. The rooms also seemed very small.

Another review here says the manager told them in 2004 they were in the process of updating, but it has not happened as of October 2006!!!

After staying one night, we realized our room door could be pushed open even when it was supposedly locked - not a comforting thing to know as we had been out all day with our belongings in the room. To their credit, they fixed this problem a few hours after we notified them.

Find another hotel if you're in Naperville.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank youngk
Reviewed July 20, 2005

I needed a hotel room to be near a hospital in the middle of the night. I didn't have time to call around or surf the web for the best price - so I went to the Hampton Inn - one of many hotels on the same street in Naperville.
Not only was it an excellent stay - but the next day when I went online I found out their marquee told the truth - it was the lowest price on the street! And it was the only hotel with a real hot breakfast included in the price! It made a hard night much easier - and at a great price.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Midwest
Reviewed January 16, 2005

This hotel is our little gem. It's everything you look for in an affordable and comfotable hotel. It's set back on a quiet street so there's minimal noise. We will stay here whenever we're in the Naperville area.

6 Thank twitchery
Reviewed January 11, 2005

Last week was the first time I (an HHonors Gold Member) was unable to cancel a motel reservation when the airlines were not flying due to weather. Ice in Tulsa, snow in Chicago, and the trip could not be made. No problem getting an immediate full refund from a major airline on a "non refundable" ticket, but forget about getting any mercy from this motel. 24 hour cancellation policy... PERIOD.

Funny how they supossedly will give you a refund if you are not happy with your stay, but not if an act of God keeps you from traveling. Bad stay or not, I sincerely doubt you would ever get your money back from the Naperville Hampton.

I am back to the Marriot family of hotels.

BEWARE, and Good luck! and may fair weather be with you!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 12, 2004

The staff was exceptional! The amenities were fine ... the bed was HORRIBLE. When I complained to the Manager they apologized and indicated they were aware the beds and decor were outdated (you could feel the coils in the bed) and that they were in the process of upgrading.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 13, 2003

Had a superb time staying at Hampton Inn over a weekend. The Gentleman whom worked at the front desk on a night shift over the weekend was extremely helpful. Many thanks to him. I would certainly stay at Hampton Inn on my next visit to USA.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member