“Clean hotel, friendly staff.”

Hampton Inn Chicago Naperville
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We tend to like Hampton Inn hotels. This one is well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The fitness room is small, but it has both machines (treadmill, bike, elliptical) and dumbbells with flat bench. I would prefer something a little larger, with a weight machine. But what was there was clean and all in working order. Breakfast is typical Hampton - reasonably good variety that generally satisfies. It's not cooked to order, but it's not bad. The rooms were clean and modernized (USB charging ports and extra power ports). As for parking, it snowed while we were there, and the lot was plowed before we left in the morning. Overall, everything I would expect from a short stay hotel, except for the small fitness room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chicago Naperville

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I like to read other reviews and incorporate what they write up when I do some of my reviews. I stayed in room 331 on 2/4. In anohter review, they wrote about the HVAC system in the room. I would have to agree with their assessment. The HVAC in this room was loud sometimes, where it seems the unit was vibrating and got progressively louder while at times it ran quietly. This didn't bother so much when I was sleeping but was annoying while I was trying to watch tv. I would have to crank up the volume to hear the tv and when the unit cut off, my tv would then be extremely loud. A pet peeve of mine is the shower. I am not sure why many hotels put their showerheads so low, and this hotel falls into that category. I am only 5'11" but I was taller than the showerhead. Its a pain to have to bend way over in order to wash my hair. The hotel itself is nice instead with having recently gone through renovations. The desk chair was one of the most comfortable chairs I have sat in at a Hampton Inn (chairs are similiar to ones used in Hilton Garden Inns). Within a 5 minute drive of the hotel, you have just about any type of dining choice available (some nice restaurants within walking distance as well). Parking at the front of the hotel is extremely limited with most of the parking available at the back of the hotel. Overall, a nice property in a great location. I would definitely recommend this as a hotel to stay on your next visit to Naperville.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Was in town for a weekend meeting. Stayed here about 5 minutes from our meeting location. Very nice location. Good breakfast.. only problem was w TV remote, but that was quickly fixed. Looks like bathroom/bedroom has been recently updated. I would stay here again...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clandauer
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night in September 2012 for business - my first stay here. Hamptons are usually what I choose for business trips, and this one was one of the nicer ones I use.

Positives

- The hotel has good access to I-88 and is also fairly close to I-355 - very convenient if your business or personal life takes you to this part of the Chicago metro area.

- My rooms was clean and well-kept, with a comfortable bed and good lighting.

- My room was very quiet. It faced Diehl Road, but I didn’t hear any noise from the road, from the halls, or from other rooms.

- This Hampton has a much nicer breakfast area than most! There are tall chairs at a bar as well as the usual tables, and the dining area is nicely arranged and larger than in most Hamptons. The breakfast foods were kept stocked, and had the usual good variety that Hamptons now typically supply. The breakfast area was quite clean.

- Staff at the front desk and in the breakfast area were friendly and helpful. Check-in was fast.

- One kind of unusual feature is that there are doors in the hallways blocking the first-floor rooms off from the checkin/breakfast area. I wasn’t on the first floor, but as the door closed behind me as I passed through, I could hear the noise level drop. Nice.

Negatives/other factors:

- Diehl Road is very heavily traveled during commuting times. Unlike many Hamptons, there’s no traffic light near the hotel entrance, so you can wait quite a while to turn left (or even right) onto Diehl. Patience may be necessary. :-)

- The entrance of the hotel is just a little hard to find when coming westbound on Diehl from I-88. Stay in the right lane on Diehl Road. Once you pass Freedom Drive, watch for the Courtyards by Marriott - the hotel is immediately on your right after that.

- The hotel may look fairly close to downtown Chicago on the map, but, it isn’t in terms of travel time. I-88 leading to the Eisenhower (I-290) leading to downtown typically has heavy traffic at most times of the day, and it can take 45 minutes or more to get to downtown Chicago from here. Unless you’re prepared for that kind of driving, I wouldn’t recommend this hotel as a home base for exploring Chicago itself.

- As is typical for Hamptons, the hotel’s fitness center is tiny - only one machine of each kind. The worst part, though, was that it didn’t open till 6 AM - way too late for me traveling on business, who had to be out of the hotel early. 5 AM would have been a big help. Since hotels almost never staff their fitness centers, it puzzles me why they aren’t all open 24 hours a day.

In summary: This hotel is well-located for people doing business in the I-88 corridor. We just moved an office to this corridor so I expect to be staying here at this well-run Hampton quite a lot in the future.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank velevele
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We met family in Naperville & had several guests visit us here. They allowed us to take over the breakfast area in the evening & the next morning they opened the entire pool area to our group before it was scheduled to be open. They brought out towels so the kids could swim & were very accomodating even though not everyone was a guest there. The rooms are very comfortable & clean. The breakfast has many choices & was large enough to accomodate all the guests. We had a great stay & would definately come back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank eeldouce
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Looks newly updated with clean and modern looking rooms. Everything was great about the room and hotel from the free wi-fi, breakfast, and shuttle service that took me to Naperville. Only reason I give it a 4/5 is based on no information was given to me about the hotel at check-in as far as breakfast times, where my room was, or what else they offered. They do however have a binder in the room they tells you all that but is nice to know the key services the hotel provides at arrival. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Robin_King, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Edward M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Thank you for noting the cleanliness and the various amenities we offer. I apologize that information such as breakfast times and room location, etc. was not communicated to you at check in; as you said, you found this information in the binder but I agree that it's nice to be told this when you arrive.

I'm glad to hear you will stay with us again; we look forward to it!

Robin and your friends at the Hampton Inn Chicago/Naperville

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Ok I'm sitting at the desk in my room in the hotel writing this review, listening to the conversation the woman in the room next door is having on her mobile phone, as clearly as if she was in standing next to me. She's in a good mood, but not speaking loudly, she's just animated.

The walls are acoustically transparent!! She had a nice lunch, Now she is discussing the semifinals of some sport, and she loves the person she talking to very much, laughing... luv you hun, hangs up, sighs...

The hotel is clean, remodeled, it has all the typical things Hamptons have, and you will probably never really be upset at staying here, but the walls on the 4th floor just keep the light out between the rooms....so if you pull in and there's a bus outside with a sports team or school group staying...well you may not get a lot of quiet in your room.

Room Tip: Hmmmm what to say. Good luck as all the rooms could be the same where noise is concerned.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pxtaylor

Dear pxtaylor,

I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the adjacent guest noise. Because your satisfaction is important, I would like to offer our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - we will be happy to refund one night's room and tax. After all, our guarantee states "If you are not 100% Satisfied, we don't expect you to pay." Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience as we look for ways to resolve this issue. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Robin and your friends at the Hampton Inn Chicago/Naperville