“Decent Value but Some Problems”

Hampton Inn Chicago Naperville
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I stayed here one night during a winter storm in Chicago. For a Hampton Inn, it was really quite nice. The room was comfortable and the bed was awesome, the workout room was nice, and the full complimentary breakfast is great. The people who work at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly.

The main problem is that my room had a heating unit that was so loud it sounded like a freight train, and as a result I only slept 3 hours. It would change gears all night...it would go from a low pleasant hum to a loud sputtering sound that would scare me. I should have changed rooms, but by the time I realized how bad it was it was after 11pm and I was all unpacked. So my one tip would be--check out the heater if you're there in the winter. If it's super loud, change rooms or you will be up all night!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank ChicagoTraveler105

Reviewed August 24, 2007

The staff was very nice, but they're working with a 2 star hotel. The front desk was exceptional (I think it was Stacy), but the room had to have been an old smoking room they tried to make non-smoking. It was very musty - BUT clean. The bed was nice also, but I just couldn't get by the musty smell. I know they had a power outage recently - so that could be a reason. We had three different rooms and found the musty smell in two of them.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed March 5, 2007

I will be honest...when I pulled into this hotel I was a little nervous. It turned out to be fine for a one night stay. I was surprised at how new and comfy the bed was.

The staff was over friendly, the room was clean, the coffee was hot and ready very early.

The backdoor to the hotel didn't lock - so I was a little nervous about security.

Easy parking and access to roadways.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a Saturday night in January and had a good stay. The room was clean and the hotel was very quiet (note that the hotel also seemed very empty that night, so there were probably very few people in rooms near my room). Check in was very quick and I was given the room I reserved. Unexpectedly, they left a bottle of water and a pack of ritz crackers in my room along with a letter welcoming me- I thought this was a nice touch.

Breakfast the next morning was very good. There was french toast sticks, sausage patties, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, etc.

The best part of the stay was the rate- through the Hilton website I was able to get a rate of $63/night. This is a much better rate than most of the surrounding Naperville/Lisle hotels and it is one of the few hotels in that area that includes breakfast in the price.

• Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank KAAdventures
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I would never stay at this hotel again. Was in town for a wedding and this is where the rooms were blocked. I stay in Hampton Inns often and this does not deserve to be called one!

Decor is dark and outdated. Beds were extremely uncomfortable and old. I thought all Hampton Inns had been updated to the comfy beds with white comforters, but I was wrong. The room was so dark and the beds were hard as a rock. The rooms also seemed very small.

Another review here says the manager told them in 2004 they were in the process of updating, but it has not happened as of October 2006!!!

After staying one night, we realized our room door could be pushed open even when it was supposedly locked - not a comforting thing to know as we had been out all day with our belongings in the room. To their credit, they fixed this problem a few hours after we notified them.

Find another hotel if you're in Naperville.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank youngk
A TripAdvisor Member
lombard,il
Reviewed July 20, 2005

I needed a hotel room to be near a hospital in the middle of the night. I didn't have time to call around or surf the web for the best price - so I went to the Hampton Inn - one of many hotels on the same street in Naperville.
Not only was it an excellent stay - but the next day when I went online I found out their marquee told the truth - it was the lowest price on the street! And it was the only hotel with a real hot breakfast included in the price! It made a hard night much easier - and at a great price.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 16, 2005

This hotel is our little gem. It's everything you look for in an affordable and comfotable hotel. It's set back on a quiet street so there's minimal noise. We will stay here whenever we're in the Naperville area.

6  Thank twitchery