“Dirty room. Freindly staff”

Courtyard Chicago Naperville
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Found hair in bathroom and sheets. Great staff . Nice hotel but dirty room unacceptable. Situation was handled great by mgmt. Just gave me a distaste to my stay. I would recommend someone do a good check of rooms before being rented out to good loyal customers. I would not give this location another try.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry that you had such a bad experience with your room cleanliness. That is not our normal standard of service or expectations from our staff. Please contact me directly to discuss how I may make this up to you?

Regards,

Noonie.Aguilar@marriott.com

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the perfect set up for a business trip. Nice open lobby with plenty of meeting areas. Restaurants are nice. Staff goes above and beyond. Starbucks inside. Rooms are spacious and bed is comfortable. I love the Marriott app because you can check in before you get there and everything is ready for you when you arrive.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jenn L
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel. We do like the recent update of the lobby and hear great feedback from our guests. We would be delighted to have you back, but remember, we are great for business or leisure. We are lucky to be located in one of the best suburbs of Chicago.

Our downtown is located just 2 miles from the hotel and boasting with wonderful restaurants, shops, museums, paddle boating, a beautiful riverwalk, history center, Naper Settlement, concert halls, and even a beach! And right next door to our hotel is Freedom Commons Plaza, again with 12 restaurants (White Chocolate Grill, Morton's Steakhouse, Maggiano's, Zapatista, World of Beer, and Cooper's Hawk, just to name a few. And we are still expanding with a Granite City, a cigar bar, and an indoor sky diving facility called I-Fly that will be open in July.

Next time you're here for business, you can also have some fun! Just make sure to bring some warmth from Houston. Please let me know if I may be of assistance with any future accommodations.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Can’t say enough good things about this hotel! The staff is the best and truly cares about guest satisfaction and comfort. Bistro was added a couple of years ago, followed by the rest of the hotel being updated from top to bottom, rooms are comfortable and bedding fresh. The location is quiet but very convenient with walking distance to some excellent restaurants. Close to I88 and corridor corporate locations, minutes from downtown Naperville and Chicago Metra Station.
It is the staff though, that makes this property such a joy. I literally consider Courtyard Chicago Naperville my home away from home!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad to hear that you feel that we are your home away from home, that is exactly what we hope for. Travelers such as yourself though, make what we do rewarding and makes doing what we do such a joy.

Please don't hesitate to reach out, if there's ever anything I may assist with the next time you are in Naperville. We hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first stay at a Courtyard by Marriott and I was surprised by the high quality at a very reasonable price. My daughter and I stayed in a spacious room with two double beds; very comfortable mattresses and linens, although I wish there had been one set of softer pillows. The room was attractively decorated, very clean, and had niceties such as refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, good work surface and extra outlets for chargers, flat screen tv, etc. My daughter and I enjoyed wine and a bite to eat at the bistro cafe--attractive setting, good food, good service.My son walked over to the nearby deli for a sandwich, and I think there are other places to eat within walking distance. There is a computer and printer near the front desk so you can print out boarding passes: nice! All staff were very pleasant and the location off I-88 is convenient. I will recommend this property to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

So nice to hear of your surprise and happiness! We did complete our renovation of our guest rooms just a year ago, and we updated our decor, replaced vinyl, carpeting, sheers, mattresses, bedding, etc... We usually provide 2 foam and 2 feather pillows on each of the beds, please let us know if they are too hard the next time, we would be more than happy to provide softer ones per your preference.

We appreciate the refresh as much as our guests do. And yes, we are in a great location, very accessible to the expressway, 2 miles from downtown Naperville and next door to Freedom Commons, where you son walked to for food. There are over 12 nice restaurants and still expanding. Our guests appreciate that it's all walking distance just like you.

What a fabulous review, we truly appreciate the feedback and for taking the time from your busy schedule. I apologize for the delayed response. If I may ever be of assistance with any future travel plans to Naperville, please let me know.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have stayed at this location several times for many reasons.
1)The staff is very professional and attentive.
2)The location is perfect since it’s located just minutes from I88 and walking distance from great restaurants and shops.
3)Very reasonable.
4)The recent renovations give the feel of a hotel in Chicago while being in the suburbs.
5)The huge bonus for our family is the indoor pool. Whenever the kids are going stir crazy from being cooped up inside from the cold weather, we make a run for Courtyard Marriot for mini staycation.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much for the fabulous review, but moreso for your loyalty! You are welcome back any time! Glad to hear you enjoy the amenities, especially with this last Winter season, we had many families going stir crazy and needing an escape.

We just partnered with Hollywood Palms and will having packages that include complimentary tickets to the theater for being a guest at our hotel. If you need a future escape in the near future, please let me know and I will be more than happy to assist and make your next stay even better!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

As a frequent business traveler I stay at this property at least once a month, sometimes more. From my first stay here with the current management team I have found them to be exemplary. This staff (I will not list names so I leave nobody out) seems to anticipate my needs before I even arrive. I generally dislike the Courtyard concept but I feel so at home in this property that my opinion has changed about other Courtyard properties in the chain. Thank you to your entire team for the incredible service and taking the time to show repeat guests that you appreciate their business. There are simply not enough words to say thank you enough.....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Well goodness, I'm speechless...first and foremost, I'm sure you are an amazing and pleasant guest, therefore making it easy to WOW you. Again, I personally respond to all reviews posted by my guests and reading a review like yours, confirms what we do, so rewarding and enjoyable. You are our true road warrior, staying many nights in Courtyards or Marriotts, funny that we changed your mind about Courtyards...YES! Thank you for your loyalty to my hotel and returning month after month or more.

If I may ever be of assistance with your future visits to my hotel, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very attentive staff. Room clean, bed comfortable, reasonable quiet. Pillows decent. Bathroom as expected - pedestrian. Combo breakfast bar, snack bar and evening cocktail lounge was fine. Starbucks in AM. Evening decent selection of wines by the glass. Small seating area adjacent to bar with good flat screen, comfortable seating with faux fireplace. All in all, at this price point there is nothing to disappoint. Staff makes it better than expected..

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. Our fireplace is REAL, I can see why you would think it's faux, it's very modern and looks like it could be fake. We receive many compliments on it. Please let us know if we can assist with future travels the next time you're in the area.

Noonie.Aguilar@marriott.com