“Nothing Heavenly”

Heaven on Seven Naperville
Ranked #17 of 455 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Heaven on Seven is located in Downtown Naperville 1/2 block from the scenic Riverwalk, surrounded by the finest stores and boutiques. Featuring lunch and dinner daily plus 'Heavenly Brunch' Saturday and Sunday mornings, and serving up the best Louisiana cookin' outside of New Orleans.People who come back from Heaven all say the same thing - try the Gumbo!
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After reading such high reviews, my family and I were excited to try Heaven on Seven. Sadly, we left unimpressed. The service was wonderful. Our server was attentive and took the time to explain the menu and even brought out a couple of sauces for my husband to taste before ordering. That's where it ends. We started with the fried green tomatoes. Not to brag, but I've had better at home. The breading was dry (crumbled right off the tomatoe as I cut into it) and had little to no seasoning. Which would explain the over abundance of horseradish sauce that it was swimming it which did nothing to enhance the flavor.Also, the server might have mentioned that you only get 3 tomatoes. That left one for my husband and I to share while each of my boys had their own. My husband had the chicken po'boy sandwich while I had
the andouille sausage po' boy. While my husbands had a nice sized piece of chicken, mine came with two small pieces of sausage which left me eating more bread than sausage.Bread that was rubbery at best. My son (age 11) loves bbq pulled pork but he is not a hearty eater. So instead of ordering the full size dinner (accompanied by soup, salad and 2 sides), I ordered him the 4 mini appetizer sandwiches and a side of fries. First the fries came out. More than enough for the 4 of us. Seasoned quite nicely and crispy. Now for the sandwiches. When I think mini sandwiches, I think slider size. These were no bigger than a half dollar! Two bites and gone. I've seen chocolate truffles that were bigger. All in all, we couldn't wait to finish and leave.

There are newer reviews for Heaven on Seven Naperville

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Try to explain gumbo to an Australian. It started with a mention of New Orleans and I was going to describe gumbo to our Australian guests. When I thought about what a roux was I stopped. In Australia the term roo is slang for kangaroo. There isn't any kangaroo in gumbo so we were off to heaven on seven for lunch to try their gumbo and other Cajun dishes. So they tried a po boy and cup of gumbo and a Abita beer. It was a fine lunch enjoyed by all.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We've been regulars at the Heaven on Seven in Naperville for years. The food is consistently great and the service staff is the best. Our whole family always has a great time whenever we go and the staff always makes it a point to make us feel welcomed & appreciated.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I have only been to this location for lunch but incredible food. Fried Green Tomatoes were full of flavor. I got the voodoo enchiladas that came with a very large cornbread muffin and cup of gumbo. I could make a meal of this alone. Enchiladas are great and full of chicken. My friend had a vegetarian plate which was a mound of vegetables. Everybody took leftovers home. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food is always great and the service is friendly and attentive without being pushy. If you love creole food - this is for you.

Been to Heaven on Seven Naperville? Share your experiences!