“Like staying with good friends”

Harrison House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Naperville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked this B & B so I could visit my son who is on a study abroad year at North Central College in Naperville. It's the only place in downtown Naperville itself so the location was superb. I had looked at the reviews and the website and it all seemed very positive. What clinched it though was the fact that there is a Kitty clock in the kitchen!! My son said I had to stay here! Anyway, it was the best decision! The B & B is like staying with the best of friends. You can please yourself, help yourself to drinks and snacks, come and go as you like but if you need any help or advice then it is willingly given. I was upgraded to the Victorian Room upstairs, it was gorgeous. There was a huge closet for cases and to hang coats etc, a lovely en suite bathroom with shower and jacuzzi bath.
The whole house was cozy and welcoming and the snacks were plentiful. Breakfast was cooked freshly for me and as I was the only guest for a couple of days I had breakfast at a time to suit me. Lynn, who was my hostess, was very welcoming and friendly and offered me lunch on my last day as I wasn't flying out until the evening. I assess customer service in my job and I have to say this lady was fantastic, the phrase 'going the extra mile' could have been invented for her!
I was so pleased to have chosen to stay here and would definitely stayagain if I had the opportunity to go back to Naperville.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank LindaCharlie

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just had our second opportunity to stay at Napervilles only bed & breakfast in town. What a wonderful experience - a home away from home. This house is stunning. The decor and the furnishings are beautiful. The service is second to none. They really want you to feel at home and from the time we stepped in the door we felt exactly that.

The rooms are very nicely complimented with Cable TV, CD Player and radio tuner, bottled water, cozy towels and very comfortable beds.

This B&B is a short walk to the downtown area with fantastic dining nearby as well as excellent shopping.

We had the pleasure this past time of experiencing the hospitality of Lynn and her delicious French Toast which was as good as mine. On our last stay we also had the pleasure of Neal's culinary skills for breakfast with his traditional sourdough pancakes which we loved.

We are definitely looking forward to our next stay with the Harrison's.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike K
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This charming place is just gorgeous! The vintage furniture and table wear add even more charm. Wonderful hostess, Mrs Harrison, is a great cook; using only organic ingredients! The room was spotless and cozy. We took full advantage of the whirlpool in the bathroom as we drank complimentary champagne. Truly a gem this place! We did not want to leave. I do not have one single complaint except that we didn't stay longer. Highly recommend the the Delphine room which is french themed and actually reminded me of my last vacation in Paris. Will be coming here again, soon!

Room Tip: The Nantucket room has a nautical theme, which we originally wanted but was booked. The Delphine is...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kwoliczka
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This bed and breakfast is perfect! The owner is so friendly and accommodating. Snacks, coffee, and drinks are available around the clock. It has a very comfortable and homey feeling. Our room was very clean and we loved the whirlpool tub. Lots of shopping and restaurants can be found in town.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 14, 2012

A few friends and I stayed here while participating in the SheROX triathlon. Lynn and her family were absolutely wonderful - she made sure our bikes were safe and even got up early to take pics of us before we headed up off to the race. When we returned she whipped up smoothies for us and made us feel like family. The place is charming, the rooms were comfy and everything was absolutely adorable. I highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Came up from Dallas In March to spend a week visiting family in Naperville and this was the perfect location and accomodation for me! The B&B is in a quaint, quiet, historic neighborhood conveniently located within walking distance to the shopping, restaurants, churches and nightlife of old town Naperville. If you need to get into Chicago you can catch the commuter train close by, there's also a YMCA within walking distance for a workout. However, when I happened to mention that I was walking to church, I was offered a ride by the innkeeper Lynn's son Randy. So, if you're not up for walking into town, this is a potential option. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't get that kind of complimentary service at a "big box" hotel.

The house is cozy and well kept. Guests have access to a nice dining room and sitting room furnished with many lovely antique and period pieces. During the week, besides myself there was just one other guest, so I really felt as if I had the house to myself. I stayed in the Victorian Room which was clean, bright and cheery. The king bed was comfortable, nice linens and lots of pillows. There were 2 chairs as well as a table for writing, a little dressing table and a chest of drawers. Nice sized closet and en suite bath, with the sink located in the bedroom. I especially liked the heated fan in the bathroom. It took the chill out of the room. Nice touch! My breakfast dishes would be laid out for me in the morning and there was always a bowl of fresh berries and nuts for my cereal. Another nice touch. The weekend is when Lynn serves a full breakfast. She baked up some sticky buns and an egg strata which smelled heavenly. Unfortunately I couldn't indulge, but the other guests appeared to really enjoy.

The innkeepers are "people people" if you know what I mean. They seem to genuinely enjoy having guests at their B&B and I think this makes a stay at a B&B truly comfortable. You can't fake this kind of hospitality. They really do a fabulous job. Every detail for comfort is provided. For example, I have dietary restrictions and when I mentioned this to Lynn upon booking my reservation, she kindly took this into consideration and thoughtfully provided me with foods that I could eat. When I had to extend my trip at the last minute, Lynn even went so far as to give me her room so that I wouldn't have to move to a local hotel. Now that's service.

Long story short, the next time I visit Naperville I'll be back for more of the Harrison House Hospitality with a capital H!.

Room Tip: All rooms looked nice to me, but the Victorian room I stayed in had a shower as well as a tub and I...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank amortrvl
Reviewed May 3, 2012

B and B was charming. Owners invented the word hospitality, and rooms are authentically decorated in period (circa 1904). Spotless, cozy, very well situated from downtown (5 minute walk), lovely linens and great bath room. Wonderful breakfast and tea and coffee including freshly baked muffins daily (luckliy Lynn loves to cook). It felt like a home away from home and I give this property my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business