“Variety of Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tommy Nevin's Pub

Tommy Nevin's Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Nevin's Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #288 of 440 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: RT 59 and 103rd
Description: The Irish culture is one very rich in history and steeped in tradition. We have gone to great lengths to bring the various traditions of the Emerald Isle back home so that we may revel in the beauty that is Ireland. At Tommy Nevin's, always remember: "There are no strangers here; only friends who have not yet met"
Lisle, IL
“Variety of Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

The menu at Tommy Nevin's is quite extensive and even the pickiest of eaters should easily be able to find something they will like. From comfort food to traditional pub food, this restaurant covers a wide range and the food is average to above average in taste, and for the price the portions are large. There are two distinct areas, the bar area, where you can eat meals as well, and the dining area. The restaurant is much bigger on the inside thnt you would think from the outside, and is nicely done. The service is average and when it gets crowded they do seem to have problems keeping up in the dining area. Overall the experience was good and the food was good for bar food.

• Visited October 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Fun Game Time Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We have been here a few times. The most fun I would have to say was during football season. Although I don't think the waitresses would agree.

The food is a bit sub-par but it's bar food so ones expectations shouldn't be the highest in the first place.

Also came here for new years eve and had really good service. We haven't tried any of the Irish fare but will try in the future.

Overall it's a clean, mostly friendly, average service and a great place for Sunday fundays.

Channahon, Illinois
“We call this place, Tommy NEVER'S!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

When we walked into the pub, the host and hostess were so involved in their own conversation that I finally had to butt in and asked to be seated. We asked for a booth and the young man led us to a booth in the back that had curtains on either side. He stated that it would be "romantic". When we sat down, we noticed a large amount of dust on the backs of the benches as well as the shelf inside the booth. (it looked as if a vase should be on the shelf but alas, it was an empty space) The dust was so bad I decided to write my name in it so maybe someone would notice and clean it. Next we opened the menus only to find them sticky, greasy, wet and covered with a great deal of stuck on food. It took our waiter more than 6 minutes to finally acknowlege us and when he asked what he could get for us I replied, "clean menus". He expressed sincere apologies and had the manager come to visit our table while he got us new menus. The manager assured us he would do everything he could to make our experience better. (He should start by hiring a new chef) We ordered blackend pork chops with a side of asparagus; bbq ribs with a loaded baked potato and a side of crab cakes. Unfortunately, the pork chops were so dry they could have been called "pork jerky". Also, they were NOT blackened. When we brought this to the attention of the waiter he responded that they aren't "blackened per se, it's just in the seasoning". There was NO seasoning and I know what "Blackened" anything should look like. Next, the asparagus was drowning in a pool of oil/butter. The taste was horrible, just oily. The ribs were just ok, no real complaints. The NO-crab cakes were a travesty. There was not one flake of crab anywhere to be found. It was nothing but brown tasteless filler. After telling our waiter about all of the food issues he asked if he could bring dessert for us to which replied no thanks, we've had enough. Another 10 minutes passed before he brought us the bill and we found that he only comped our diet cokes! REALLY? That was the best part of the whole meal! This place is a waste of time and money. I do not recommend this place to anyone. Take your hard earned money and spend it were you leave satisfied after a good meal, not hungry with empty pockets.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rose F
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very good easter brunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Just had their easter brunch today. Absolutely, you must make a reservation for this. Don't even think about trying to get in without a reservation as they willl be packed. The buffet was very good. I enjoyed a pesto pasta salad, beef stew, potato salad, all of their desserts and they feature some very pricey items such as several different types of caviar, salmon, seared tuna, grab legs, and shrimp, as well as mamosas, and a bloody mary that is all included in the brunch which is $30 per person. For the incredibly spread that they had, I thought it was a great deal. There was also a waffle and omlette station. The only negatives was that it took a good 10-15 minutes for our waitress to come great us and take drink orders, and it would have been wiser for them to label everything on the buffet. Many things I had I wasn't sure exactly what it was until I tried it. Still, very impressive for an irish pub. They also do an easter egg hunt for kids as well.

Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“David the Bartender was great and the management takes care of their guests.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

My wife and I decided to stop in for an appetizer and cocktails after running errands. I had purchased a Living Social deal- paid $15 for $30 worth of food and drink. Normally I pass on these deals because of their restrictions, but this one only had one- use only one coupon per visit. Great deal since we go to the restaurant anyways and love the place.
On this particular visit we sat at the bar. David (the bartender) introduced himself, which is always nice to be able to call him by name when asking for something instead of "hey you". I ordered a Brandy Manhattan, which was made to perfection, and my wife ordered a Margarita on the rocks, which she liked. We ordered the Shepherd's Nachos, with the house chips (best choice) for our meal. The Nachos are always great, and their is plenty for two people.
As we were paying, with the coupon, I felt a twinge of apprehension that they wouldn't take the coupon for the cocktails (most restaurants will only use them for food). David had a conversation with a manager and they honored the coupon without conflict. There are so many Managers that make bad decisions when it comes to their customers, but Tommy Nevin's has the right attitude.
I have never had a bad experience here. My only critique is they should redo their website so it is more user friendly.
Cheers!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Tommy Nevin's Pub? Share your experiences!