“Excited about EggCited”

Eggcited
Ranked #50 of 456 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Yet another pancake house with an "Egg" name, but this is a darn good one. The menu is complete with breakfast and lunch items. Two of my party of four had breakfast items and two had lunch. The two-cheese omelet was large, and my wife loved it. The sausage and biscuits were, by daughter's expert opinion (she is our connoisseur of sausage and eggs), creamy and very filling. Some of both of the breakfast dishes survived to be a meal for later. The french onion soup and salad (my Mother-In-Law's lunch) were, by the appraisal of all who tasted them, just perfect. As for myself, I finally found a restaurant that can make a satisfying and delicious Greek salad; it's trickier than it sounds, but this one is great. I asked about the ownership, chef, etc, and it seems that the chef is one we have encountered before, and he knows what he is doing. . All-in-all, this was a very good family dining experience, the price was fair (about $40.00 for our party of four), the service was friendly and prompt (and attentive without being bothersome). The noise level was higher than reported by another reviewer, but we could hold a conversation once a large party with small, very active kids finished their breakfast. This will not be our last visit to EggCited. Everyone was very pleased.

1  Thank John H

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have been to Eggcited countless times since it opened almost two months ago. It is the site of the old Gigi's restaurant. They have redecorated beautifully, and their food is so good! They are only open for breakfast and lunch now, but we are hoping they will eventually open for dinner. I usually order an omelet for breakfast. Their hash browns are perfectly cooked, and you can choose from toast, pancakes, or French toast as a side. I usually choose the French toast, it is so good. The coffee is excellent. Not bitter at all, which I hate. Lunch is equally as good. They give you soup with most meals. They also make all their soups, and I have tried several, and they have all been good. The Greek lemon soup is a favorite, but their chicken noodle is always a good choice too. My kids are picky about their soup, but they love the chicken noodle here. My husband and daughter usually get Greek salads when we go for lunch. Their burgers are also delicious. Very generous serving, and the plain burger comes on a brioche bun. Some burgers come on a pretzel bun. We have been there many times, and I have never had anything less than spectacular. It is definitely a favorite family restaurant!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Today my wife and I went here to try out this new restaurant. We arrived around 11 AM (on a Saturday) and were seated right away. The restaurant is new, and it's clean and quiet. We had no problem carrying on a conversation. I would estimate the restaurant was about 1/4 to 1/3 full of customers.

Right away, we learned that Nick, from Nick's Cozy Corner, is the chef here. We loved Nick's restaurant when it was open, and it turned out, we loved this one, too. We ordered Strawberry Crepes and the Meat Lover's Skillet with optional pancakes and split both plates between us and still had some left over to bring home to enjoy again.

The service was fast and friendly and the food was great. My wife and I left there very happy to say that we have finally found a new favorite place for breakfast! Will we be back? You better believe it!

2  Thank V_B_Z
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Eggcited just opened in early May; it's a gem of a place - the food is eggcellent and the staff is very eager to please and always serves with a smile. This is must stop for breakfast or lunch! Try the stuffed french toast or a skillet. Ask for Ray, great server and wants to make sure your well taken care o.

1  Thank cruiser911