“Almost hate telling people!”

Shogun Japanese Steak House
Ranked #148 of 458 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012

What an amazing place to eat and enjoy! People are wonderful, food is super fantastic!! Never a huge crowd, always fun cooks! I am addicted to this place! Thank you Sang (I believe that was our servers name) you made our dinner so entertaining!! Brought friends here for their first time, they loved it! Not just seafood, they have steak and chicken also. Something for everyone! I suggest the lobster with the garlic seasoning! Yum! There is so much food so go hungry! If your like me the leftovers will last for 3 more meals for you! Can't wait for our next visit!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Shogun is one of my favorite restaurants, especially for birthdays and anniversaries. I have been enjoying this restaurant for at least 30 years, and currently we drive 45 minutes just to dine there. I think that alone says a lot about the place. It is a Japanese restaurant featuring show cooking. The show is fun, and the food is excellent and plentiful, prepared exactly as requested. We always get a dinner for two , and the prices are reasonable. To the management, I would like to say, "Keep up the good work!" To other diners, I urge you to try it...I must say that I love this place!

Reviewed February 18, 2011

We are a family of five (kid ages: 11, 9, 8). One plate was shared with older child. Wait time was reasonable. Staff was friendly. All beverages are priced separately including the ones for the kids. For $99 dollars, we got soda, friendly staff and food that was absolutely less than the average local chinese take out. I felt incredibly bad for suggesting this restaurant to my family. We had to go to McDonalds afterward so my younger kids can eat. I will never go back and I do not recommended it. Do not waste your time, nor your money - not worth it.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

4 of us went on a Saturday night around 6:30. The place was packed with some people waiting. We didn't have reservations but were sitted after about a 45 minute wait during which a server took our drink orders and served us promptly. It seemed like there were about 4 chefs in rotation and each chef was busily creating fire, making train noises and cooking up a storm. The anticipation was building as this was my first time at a japanese steak house. As other reviewers mentioned, the service was a little off because we were served soup and salad immediately after our order was taken but waited some time for the chef to begin cooking our entrees and no server came to refill our drinks. Anyways, once the chef cooked our meal the mediocre service and wait was forgotten. The NOODLES were absolutely devine, possibly the best asian noodles i've ever tasted and the steak (medium) was cooked to perfection. The shrimp, both the appetizer and entree, was shrimp but the chef gave me a tasting of the eggyolk sauce which made the shrimp better. I was offered two sauces: ginger and horseradish. I prefered the ginger sauce. I tried a little bit of the fried rice my friend ordered and was very impressed. This restaurant definitely has their food down. Everything was DELICIOUS and it made me forget the wait, service and decor, which was very mom&pop neighborhood restauranty. All in all, it was a great experience and I'd return in a heart beat!!!

Reviewed February 17, 2010

The worst treatment and experience I have EVER had at a restaurant. We had reservations on Feb. 13th, Saturday night at 7 pm and arrived promptly to a line. There was nobody at the counter. 10 minutes later a woman showed up and stood there----didn't ask anyone if they had reservations. There were only 2 chefs cooking for 8 full tables. Finally we went up to her and told her about our reservations. She just said they were very busy. 40 minutes later, they seated people (NOT US) who were in front of us who did not have reservations. The manager said she didn't know we had reservations and we must have been late. I said we have been here since 7 and we told that other lady we had reservations-she said oh, I didn't talk to her. In those 40 minutes, none of the 7 other tables (besides the group that didn't get fed and just got up and walked out) had received any food. So after waiting that long, they didn't apologize, tried to blame us, we just got up and walked out. What a total disappointment. Will never go back and would never give money to people that would be so abusive. While we were waiting, we tried to order drinks, and after 20 minutes, we never even got those. What a total joke. Their attitude was we have a lot of people here, we don't need you. By the way, I never saw their chefs do any tricks or relax or have fun with the guests they were serving-they looked frantic and stressed. So I guess they did us a favor.

1  Thank KateG1111

Been to Shogun Japanese Steak House? Share your experiences!