“Chicago Pizza without having to trudge into the city to get it!”

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 458 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The pizza here is great and all the reviews say it, so I'll try and focus on some items to help your first visit:

- Prepare to wait. We went on a Friday evening and waited about an hour (arriving at 6, seated a little after 7). There is a nice independent book store close by, an Apple Store, and various other shops to keep you busy browsing.

- Prepare to wait (again). The waiter/tress will be right up front with you that the pizza takes 30 minutes+. So factor that into your evening as well. One thing that is nice is we never felt rushed at all by our waitress, even though there was still a line out the door. They seem to own the longer cook time and don't bother customers to hurry up and eat.

- They have a lot of options. I had deep dish, my sister had thin crust, and my wife had the gluten-free crust. We all enjoyed our pizzas. The caesar salad we started with was solid, and the deep dish chocolate chip cookie we ended with was indulgent but so good!

- Decent bar selection. About 5 taps for draft beer and various sundry bottles and wine options.

- There was no reservations taken, but I do believe you can call ahead to order your pizza and then eat it there... but I did not explore that option.

- Lastly, they set out some thin crust cheese pizza by the hostess for people waiting... keep an eye out and enjoy while you wait!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went to Naperville for a college football game...game not so good (horrible actually). It was recommended by the Marriott staff so we gave it a try. It was delicious and highly recommend to everyone. I believe they have like 12 other locations. Great service and atmosphere! The deep dish was the best I have ever had!!!! Won't go back to for that kinda a game, but definitely for the pizza!!!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Love, love, love their pizza, but do yourself a favor and ask for the sausage to be broken up. It's a great tasting pizza, but the sausage, while delish, can overwhelm you unless you're up for it. Unless you stipulate otherwise, the sausage is in one big whole piece. i always get it in pieces so I can enjoy it without feeling like I'm going to have an immediate heart attack. Get that wonderful salad while you wait. It is to die for. I forget the name of it, but your server will know.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went on the advice of my brother who used to live in chicago. The pizza was so good. Our waitress was delightful and we were definitly glad we ate here! This location is also right in the heart of Naperville and before or after you eat there is plenty to walk around and look at!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went with my family and friends to Lou Malnati's while exploring Naperville. I heard it was good, but it was better than good... it was AMAZING!! Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza is the best deep dish pizza ever!!!!