“Meh....”
Review of Meson Sabika

Meson Sabika
Reserve with OpenTable
Meson Sabika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 451 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: We are located in between West intersection and River road
Transit: The Metra is approximately 1.5 Miles from Meson Sabika.
Description: Meson Sabika is an award-winning Spanish Tapas restaurant that has resided in an 1847 Georgian mansion since 1990. It goes without question, that the restaurant offers an unmatched dining experience. Guests can dine indoors and enjoy the grace and charm reminiscent of a European Villa or can choose to sit outdoors on the terrace while enjoying the ultimate alfresco experience underneath 150-year-old oak trees which cover the estate. Guests will find that each item on the menu offers a taste of Spain. Whether it’s enjoying hot and cold tapas, sangria, an entree or a vintage wine – there’s always a pleasant combination of exceptional food, friendly service, and unique atmosphere where family and friendship can live life in celebration.
Galena, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh....”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently dined at Meson Sabika while visiting Naperville. This was an anniversary dinner and we wanted a romantic, casual dinner.

We were extremely disappointed. While the facility and grounds were beautiful, the dining rooms were extremely noisy, our waiter was indifferent, and the food was mediocre at best.

Colonie, New York
“Amazing Sunday Wedding”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My Wife and I were married at Meson a few weeks ago and were absolutely pleased with their services throughout the whole process. From start to finish they were extremely helpful, accommodating, and professional. They were always available to answer our questions and never seemed as though we were bothering them. Katie was a great help in the planning process and on our wedding day Bianca, who was our wedding representative was wonderful. Anything we needed got done.

We had our ceremony in the East Gardens and were nervous about the traffic noise; however it was a non issue. The natural flowers and landscaping was beautiful and needed very little enhancements from our florist. After the ceremony our guests went into the pavilion and the bridal party took pictures on the grounds. The staff brought out hors d'ourves and drinks to us while we took our pictures.

We received and are still receiving numerous comments on all aspects of Meson's wedding ambiance. The food and drinks were amazing, not typical wedding food. A variety well received by our guests. The pavilion is a great location for a reception, giving you the feeling as though your outdoors with the three sided all glass windows allowing you to see the gardens and landscape, but with the accommodations of A/C.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great tapas menu”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I love Meson Sabika. Their tapas menu is huge. In four years of coming here I always dine from the tapas menu and I have never had a bad meal. I love the toast points and manchego cheese, all three shrimp tapas. I also like the blue cheese skirt steak (starting to make my mouth water already. Beautiful outdoor dining area and their mixed drinks are delicious!!

• Visited July 2013
chicago
“nice brunch”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went for Sunday brunch on the patio it was nice a little pricey but it was worth it under a $150 for 3 adults and a child. I found it better than 16 at the Trump when you compare the price. The only small complaint was service is a bit slow other than that the food was good, patio is great for relaxing and mimosa was tasty. You must order dessert and omlets so this may take some time plan accordingly.

Chicago suburbs
“Not as good this time”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant is unique and I enjoy visiting, but the food and service were just off this time. I brought two of our daughters and the three of us were squeezed into a too-tiny table that forced me to sit with my back about 1' from the entrance foyer. Frankly, a table shouldn't even have been put in that place. The main dining room is much larger and nicer than getting crammed into a smaller room.

Our waiter was a nice guy, but he didn't return for about 20 minutes after we got our first course. So there was a long delay in between courses which kind of defeats the purpose of this type of meal. I don't remember the proper names for our various dishes but the steak on a skewer was very close to being undercooked, and it was cold. We had a shrimp dish that was very much un-flavorful. Our potato dish was good, as was a goat cheese dish.

Dessert is always good here.

Overall, I wasn't too pleased with our visit and the $120 price is a little steep for the food and service. My next visit here will be the determining factor as to whether or not I continue to patronize this place.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Meson Sabika? Share your experiences!