“Finally tried Meson Sabika!”
Review of Meson Sabika

Meson Sabika
Reserve with OpenTable
Meson Sabika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 468 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: We are located in between West intersection and River road
Transit: The Metra is approximately 1.5 Miles from Meson Sabika.
Description: Meson Sabika is an award-winning Spanish Tapas restaurant that has resided in an 1847 Georgian mansion since 1990. It goes without question, that the restaurant offers an unmatched dining experience. Guests can dine indoors and enjoy the grace and charm reminiscent of a European Villa or can choose to sit outdoors on the terrace while enjoying the ultimate alfresco experience underneath 150-year-old oak trees which cover the estate. Guests will find that each item on the menu offers a taste of Spain. Whether it’s enjoying hot and cold tapas, sangria, an entree or a vintage wine – there’s always a pleasant combination of exceptional food, friendly service, and unique atmosphere where family and friendship can live life in celebration.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have lived in Naperville over a decade. I have said at least 50 times...we need to try Meson Sabika. We went on a friday night without a reservation (a no-no) and had to sit in the bar. That being said, we were there early and had a LOVELY table in the bar. I would almost prefer it the next time. Our servers were amazing. I couldn't decide which bottle of wine to choose and I asked for our server to help...told him I like reds, usually a cabernet and I'd like to stick around $40....but price didn't matter too much. Anyways he chose one that he said was popular ($28!!) and it was perfect for us. (I am not a picky wino). He also said that about 4 tapas would probably be enough...we chose 2 cold to start and then had 2 hot...it was a PERFECT amount of food for the 2 of us. I loved everything about this place. The icing on the cake was that there was a gentleman playing a guitar and a lovely flamenco dancer near us. I am ashamed I haven't been here sooner...but so happy to have had the experience and look forward to going again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

charming, graceful building. established menu of traditional favorites and new culinary delights. never disappoints. can't wait for the patio to reopen this spring.

1  Thank nprvl
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We LOVE the food and Meson Sabika. You must try the potatoe salad and the bacon-wrapped dates. If you are new to Tapas, you might just ask the waiter for suggestions. I would avoid the larger meals and just get lots of cold and hot tapas plates. You will have lots of flavors. Our last two visits had very poor service. The last time we went, we had to send a bussboy to hunt down our waiter. When he finally appeared, he said "I have a lot of stuff going on." Huh? What stuff? That was the last time we saw him until we got the bill. But overall we enjoy the restaurant. You just can't be in a hurry.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Arrival of our future daughter-in-law from overseas called for a special food and a celebration, so we booked through OpenTable a lunch for the four of us. We ordered some Cava to start. Their eggplant soup is wonderful. Particularly enjoyed the beef tenderloin with pepper, onions and horseradish sauce. The mini-beef tenderloin hamburger are quite good (wife). Son and I shared all sorts of tapas. We ordred some paella and that was nicely seasoned. Daughter-in-law ordered vegetarian pasta.

A surfeit of food, but tapas is light. The service was impeccable. We dined in the main dining room where the crystal chandeliers and lace curtains make it seem from another time. Thanks, Suzy and Meson Sabika staff, for delicious luncheon and a great time.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Took some customers. Great service and delightful food. Pricey but worth it. The food selection and variety makes it easy to satisfy the most demanding palate.

Been to Meson Sabika? Share your experiences!