“Good, not great”

BD's Mongolian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
BD's Mongolian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 455 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mongolian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went here late on a Sunday night, and I suppose things were winding down, but the ingredient bar (where you pick all of your toppings and sauces) was a huge mess, they really could've kept things picked up a little better! The selection of items was good though, but I thought it was strange that they included the soup and salad bar (never been to a BD's before). Cooking of the food was on the slow side. This wasn't bad, but I've been to better mongolian style restaurants, so I can't say I'd be coming back here soon.

There are newer reviews for BD's Mongolian Grill

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Choose your meat, vegetable and more. Put it in a bowl and hand it to a guy. He cooks and plates it for you. Create something diffrent every time you come. It's OK to load up your bowl as high as possible with all your choices. Serves with tortillas or rice.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I've eaten here twice now, and both times enjoyed a tasty meal that was fun to create. I believe you can order an entree from the menu; but the fun is to fill a bowl with all the items that appeal to you -- a large assortment of meat, fish, shellfish, veggies, noodles, spices and sauces, and hand it to the cook to stir fry on a huge grill. We used to have one in our area, and my husband became quite skilled at stacking the bowl high by placing long skinny items like green beans or snow peas like a fence around the rim of the bowl. Us less creative beings still can cram a very filling meal into one bowl. If you can't decide what spices to use, there are suggestions posted on the wall. Reasonably priced, and a fun place to go with the family.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I always go to the Mongolian Barbecue when I travel out to Naperville. I enjoy choosing my own ingredients of meats, vegetables,and spices for the cooks to prepare in front of me. If you enjoy stir-fry and also enjoy trying new combinations of ingredients in your food, then this is definitely a place to dine at.

Yes, as other reviewers have commented, the restaurant is very noisy. If you also enjoy a loud and a bustling kind of dining/social environment, then this is the place for you.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We (my Family) had lunch at Bd's last weekend and even on a week day it's busy and noisy! Basicly they give you a bowl and you pick the food. But whats weird is that it's raw! they have a bouncy of stuff, sauces then there's this huge grill that they cook in front of you. It's okay I guess. Don't get a lot of food cos it turns out more than it seems! It's very noisy but worth going to.