“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: New restaurant
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Seems like a very family operation. I think I may have seen a daughter doing her homework on a side table. We have been 3x. Each time asking for the special or reco for the night. Flavors out of this word. Very accommodating to veggie diets (not a consideration for us), Love the bold (not necessarily spicy) flavors in their dishes. Beer and wine only is knid of a bummer for me (i'm a Bourbon guy). Entree's typically under $20 and don't be surprised if they come out with something extra for you to try.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The service here is very slow and not very helpful. They were pleasant and polite but could offer no help with the menu. The bus boy did not speak English and was no help at all. One of the entrees arrived at the table 5 minutes before the other with no explanation. The second entrée turned out to be a cold noodle dish. This was not explained on the menu and questions were specifically asked about the dish. The spring rolls tasted fishy. The hot egg rolls were not bad but I am pretty sure they were purchased at the Trader Joe's across the parking lot. Overall there was nothing special about the flavors of any dish. Wine selection is limited. Red wine is not stored properly. We will definitely not return. If you want great Asian food in Naperville, go to Kuma's, Lemon Grass or House of Emperor.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Average tasting food, but decent portion. My beef pho came with the meat a little undercooked and bloody. However, it converted to medium degree of doneness after sitting in the hot broth for a few minutes. The taste was average, but the portion size was generous. The restaurant had a slight odor of a dirty mop bucket upon entry. The waitress was a bit slow but treated us nicely. There is better options for Vietnamese food in the Naperville area.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Food was less than average, portions small; each entree had 4-5 shrimp.
I had bird's nest and portion was small, no distinct flavor.
Soup was very good.
Service was quick and good as well.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Went there back in May for lunch with sis and ordered shrimp papaya salad and love it so I saw groupon offer half off coupon for this place I immediate grab it. Last week I took my family there and ordered shrimp salad again. First if all, the size of the salad was less than what I ordered last time, secondly, the quality of the salad was not as good as before. It has much less and smaller shredded papaya also not as fresh like before. Same to the shrimp. Since the face value of the groupon was $50, so I ordered several dishes and couple of them were traditional Vietnamese dishes I had at more than 10 different Vietnamese restaurants before. When the lady brought out the bun bo hue I thought it was a joke. The longest length of the noodle in
the bowl was like half of an inch, not longer the bean sprout. It is the sign of overlooked rice noodle that broken into smaller pieces or it is the leftover noodle at the bottom of the pot. I asked the lady why it is like this and explained that we had bun no hue at many other places and we know this dish and the noodle not suppose to be like this. The lady first argued with me that this dish is like this everywhere else using big noodle but that's not my point. The noodle was clearly over cooked and broken into smaller pieces. But she still insist it is the big size noodle used in this dish. I dont want to ruin my family dinner so i stop reasoning with her. Two minutes later she brought out a small dish with some noodle that was cooked right this time and said the noodle in the bowl was not cooked right.
We finished the dinner and I just want to get out of there as soon as possible.
These was 2 very different dinning experiences in the same restaurant with same waitress. I wonder if it is because I used groupon so I did not get the same quality of food and service or the restaurant is going downhill. It is a shame that they have the ability to offer quality food before that's why I got the groupon and came back but they do not keep it consistent. And that's why I am not going back to this place.

1  Thank chicago888