“Inconsistent quality of food and services”
Review of Cuisine de Saigon - CLOSED

Cuisine de Saigon
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: New restaurant
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Went there back in May for lunch with sis and ordered shrimp papaya salad and love it so I saw groupon offer half off coupon for this place I immediate grab it. Last week I took my family there and ordered shrimp salad again. First if all, the size of the salad was less than what I ordered last time, secondly, the quality of the salad was not as good as before. It has much less and smaller shredded papaya also not as fresh like before. Same to the shrimp. Since the face value of the groupon was $50, so I ordered several dishes and couple of them were traditional Vietnamese dishes I had at more than 10 different Vietnamese restaurants before. When the lady brought out the bun bo hue I thought it was a joke. The longest length of the noodle in
the bowl was like half of an inch, not longer the bean sprout. It is the sign of overlooked rice noodle that broken into smaller pieces or it is the leftover noodle at the bottom of the pot. I asked the lady why it is like this and explained that we had bun no hue at many other places and we know this dish and the noodle not suppose to be like this. The lady first argued with me that this dish is like this everywhere else using big noodle but that's not my point. The noodle was clearly over cooked and broken into smaller pieces. But she still insist it is the big size noodle used in this dish. I dont want to ruin my family dinner so i stop reasoning with her. Two minutes later she brought out a small dish with some noodle that was cooked right this time and said the noodle in the bowl was not cooked right.
We finished the dinner and I just want to get out of there as soon as possible.
These was 2 very different dinning experiences in the same restaurant with same waitress. I wonder if it is because I used groupon so I did not get the same quality of food and service or the restaurant is going downhill. It is a shame that they have the ability to offer quality food before that's why I got the groupon and came back but they do not keep it consistent. And that's why I am not going back to this place.

1  Thank chicago888

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This french Vietnamese restaurant offers you many options. The chicken shrimp fried rice had a light but very flavor rich taste. The service was good. We will go back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

While my husband and I are somewhat new to Vietnamese food, we have had Pho before. We tried a brisket Pho which was really tough and chewy. The Pho was not quite as flavorful as others we have tried. The Fried rice was average but the shrimp we tried was good. Not sure if I'd give it a second try. We went around 7:30 pm on a Monday night and one couple were leaving so the restaurant was empty for our entire stay.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just had a wonderful lunch here today! This is probably our 5th or 6th visit since they opened a few months ago. Friendly, courteous staff. Prompt and efficient service. The owner stops by every table to say hello and make sure your visit is pleasant.

The menu has evolved and has been tweaked a couple of times since they first opened. Originally Cuisine de Saigon seemed to have a bit more of a French than Vietnamese influence. Today we were presented with a new menu that has added several more traditional Vietnamese dishes. We hope the chef/owner keeps experimenting with new dishes. Our one regret today was learning that desert is no longer included and hope that is brought back!

So far all of our meals have been excellent. Today I tried the Caramelized Clay Pot with Bassa (a fish from Vietnam) for the first time. This dish is now my house favorite and definitely worth a return trip alone! With several other Vietnamese restaurants in the general area I would rate Cuisine de Saigon a cut above the competition and definitely worth trying!

1  Thank nprvl
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a delightful dinner last night at Cuisine de Saigon. The decor & atmosphere are simple but rather elegant; not what you'd expect in its strip mall location. We found the menu easy to navigate, although we were unfamiliar with Vietnamese cooking. Service was prompt & gracious.
The prices seemed very fair & the food was delicious. In addition, we really enjoyed the Saigon beer. We will definitely be returning, next time with friends. This is a great find!

1  Thank Ellen34