“Great spot for lunch”

CrossTown Pub and Grill
Ranked #36 of 443 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Geneva, Illinois
“Great spot for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

The outdoor patio was a great setting for lunch. Ample shade, not too much street noise, and some large televisions. And the food was great. We ordered the dictator sandwich (i.e. a Cuban). It was too large to eat in one meal as it was stuffed full of pork, avocado, ham, and pickles (no cheese for me). For my side I got the Andouille rice and black beans. Both were very good, although the beans came with a lot of onions. Service was good, although it did take a while for the food to be served. Our glasses (water) were kept full through the meal. We're definitely planning to go again (probably for the all-you-can-eat fish on Fridays).

• Visited August 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Smoke and Bees”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our waitress was excellent, very attentive and helpful. The outdoor patio seemed like a great idea for a warm night. We encountered two issues from that decision. The first is that they allow smoking on the patio. As long as the smoke is 15 feet from the door Illinois law allows smoking on patios. And the patrons take FULL advantage. One table chain smoked during our entire meal. The second issue is that they have a nest of bees on their outdoor garbage station. The bees were around everyone on on the patio. Despite 3 tables of people moving from a table right by the station no one from the restaurant took the table out of use. They were well aware of the issue.
The wings were great. Nice variety of boneless, bone in and naked (without breading).

• Visited August 2014
Oswego, Illinois
“Great wings and fish tacos !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband was told to come here for the greatest wings in town. We came here on a weekday afternoon. It was a beautiful day so we decided to sit outside. It was right next to the bar. The food was really good. The service was average as in timely - Well actually they did forget my drink and I had to remind them several times But the waitress was very friendly to us And we really didn't make a big deal out of it.
Again the wings were huge and tasty.
Interesting menu and I can't wait to come back and try more.
The only thing that bothered us a was the smoking. My husband is a police officer and he said that you are not to have smoking within 20 feet of the building which obviously was not followed. The smoke wafted up into our mouths and nostrils and made our food taste different.
We will come back again.

1 Thank kellilori
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burger, wings, and brew! Oh my!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here with a buddy after recommendation from hotel bartender. Was looking for a patio to enjoy the sun to go with a burger and a beer.

Eight ounce burger with waffle fries hit the spot. Ordered wings after hearing this was their specialty. And they were tasty and huge. Much larger than any others I've had. Great flavor too. They allow you to split the order. Half chili lime and a Thai peanut blend.

Hard to pass up an outdoor patio Memorial Day weekend. Great ambiance.

Chicago, Illinois
“Best wings in Chicago!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My boy and I really love our wings. From the birthplace of the buffalo wing in Buffalo, NY to The House Of Wings in Oakville, Ontario. Crosstown rocks and ranks up there in the top 5 of all time. Please skip Buffalo Wild Wings and enjoy some good wings at Crosstown.