“Strongly leaning towards EXCELLENT!”
Review of Naf Naf Grill

Naf Naf Grill
Ranked #18 of 474 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Well, I've dined here a few times now and there is a tiny bit of a learning curve. One can't expect FAST food here. Makes sense considering the amount of care that goes into preparation and there is a decent amount of options on the menu. First time we ordered as walk up customers... seemed to take For ev-ER! This may have been due to the fact that I was hungry and we planned to dine across the street at WOB, so I had that going for me. We dropped some decent coin here for two people, but we were both STUFFED, so there is that. Second time I thought, let's order online to save some time. Both ordered pita sammies, so how hard can that be right? Well even with ordering in advance we STILL had to wait. This was again a bummer and the reason for NOT assigning an excellent rating. Nonetheless I will be back and will order more falafel! Just thinking about the food is making me want to go there now!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We've gone here many times and have never been disappointed. We usually have the Chicken Shawarma in a pita, and also occasionally the Falafel in a pita. The pita is impossible to resist, even though I sometimes wanted to make it a plate with rice and so on, in the end the pita is king. The consistency and flavor of it is their trademark. The tahini sauce and salad is very good too.
The restaurants (we also went to the two in downtown Chicago) seem to be a copy of Chipotle in ambience, decoration and feel. One step up from simple fast food, but not exactly cozy or somwhere you'd linger long.
At the wrong times (at lunch time) they have a crunch and you'll be waiting in line a bit, but it's worth it.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

The "Veggie Feast" was pretty good. The pita bread was soft and chewy at the same time. Baba ghounush had a nice roasted, smoky flavor. Falafel was freshly fried. Hummus about average. Tabule could be more flavorful. Overall, slightly pricey, but for the fresh pita bread, I will fork over my $10.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stopped on our way to the Morton Arboretum to see their Illumination display. My wife picked the place.

It was the first time I had been to a restaurant that featured this type of food (not Greek!). I ordered the tenderloin kabob and pita, while my wife and daughter ordered the chicken and pita. My son ordered the falafel dinner, and an order of baklava to round things out.

The total tab ran around $50 for this, which was a bit on the high side. However, the food was cooked fresh, and was pretty good overall. The pitas were the best part of the meal - cooked fresh and man, they were good.

Overall, an interesting if different time. Give it a try - the menu selection is narrow, but I found something to try.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stopped here to get a chicken shawarma pita. It was fantastic. It was a great value for the money. The size was much bigger than I expected. The pita was stuffed with yumminess. The sauces they had were delicious. I wish they has a restaurant like there where I live.

Been to Naf Naf Grill? Share your experiences!