“Fun!”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a groupon and took a 2-year old. He loved it! Especially the water station and construction room. Some of the areas seemed too old for him, but that's what makes it great! It's good for all ages! They also had a nice cafe, where went for a snack. I liked that there was hand sanitizer everywhere and baby wipes to clean toys in the toddler areas. It took about 2-hours before our little guy was completely wiped out. It made a great afternoon, especially in the winter.

Visited March 2013

Downers Grove, Illinois
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“My favorite Children's Museum”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is my preferred children's museum. I like it much better than the others in the Chicagoland area. I came with my infant and my 6 year old and everywhere my toddler went, there was an infant friendly section which was excellent. The best part for my 6 year old was the wood workshop and the water section. I love how the museum is not too huge but it has such cool things to do like the wind tunnel and the see-saw.

Visited September 2012
Aurora, Illinois
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“It is NOT Starbucks' play area”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This "museum" seems like not much more than a large, expensive indoor play area. Parents hang around and chat with each other, texting and generally ignoring their kids. . .leaving the parents who are actually watching and interacting with their children to fret over who's splashing, running, and not sharing.
Every time we've gone to the museum, we've seen little kids do what little kids do (sneeze and wipe their noses, then touch things) and have never seen any type of cleaning going on. Even if they clean after hours, I can't imagine the germs that are transferred throughout the day. On more than one occasion, my kids have gotten sick within a day or two of a visit there. We've stopped going because a) it's an expensive playground, b) it's basically an unsupervised chatting area for parents and c) it's just unclean.
You'd be better off at a "real" museum or a park.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jenn K
Naperville, Illinois
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Wow! A great place for kids”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My grandchildren love this place. They'd come everyday if they could. It is truly offers "hands-on" experiences for them.. What a great way for them to learn!

Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A stand out from other chicagoland childrens museum”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This childrens museum stands out in that ALL exhibits are hands on, and have individualized seating for parents so parents can relax and enjoy their childrrens enjoyment. Free parking. Has a new cafe in basement. Near plenty of good eats. Off tollroad 88. Not 5 stars because it isn't huge but kids will be occupied. Plenty of volunteers cleaning up so u don't have to.

1 Thank Moebetterreview