“Always delivers”

Flat Top Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Flat Top Grill, the pioneers of the create-your-own meal concept, offers a variety of vegan, vegetarian, allergy-friendly and meat protein options. You can package fresh, hand-picked ingredients to create your own burritos, soups, lettuce wraps, Roti tacos, stuffed sandwiches or traditional bowls. All military veterans and active service members receive 25% off their entire bill always and kids eat free every Monday!
Reviewed November 4, 2012

A buffet-style stir fry restaurant that offers tons of fresh vegetables, two rices, three kinds of noodles, and a wide variety of meats and fishes (beef, chicken, pork, sweet sausage, white fish, and calamari). The food is always fresh. Everything is well labeled so you know what may contain peanuts, or MSG. Great choice for vegetarians too ... they had vegan chicken, bean meat and another choice (vegan chicken was good!) The bread that comes with is heavenly. Decently priced too. Wider variety of beers than they used to offer. Some nice varieties from a local brewery and some Japanese and Chinese choices too.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Having been to many of these types of restaurants, I must admit I was a little disappointed here. The staff were friendly and the decor attractive but the food I found to be just ok. Location is great in downtown Naperville, but in all honestly I don't think I will be returning in any hurry. Afterall its the food you go out for in the first place...

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was expecting something more out of Flat Top. Can't complain about the food itself because we get to choose how to mix up our food with flavors and items, but it didn't seem like they had enough variety of items compared to similar styled restaurants. Also, many sauce options were not as good as I would have liked. Also, service at this location was poor. We spent two hours in the restaurant for a party of four each going up twice to make a bowl of food. The cooks were slow and staff didn't come around to table enough. Maybe better service would have made us enjoy our meal more...

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We didn't know what we were walking into, but we were pleasantly surprised. Flat Top Grill is a Mongolian grill concept where you put together your raw ingredients, add some sauce and then change things up at the end. It extends the traditional grill experience by letting you turn your meal into a soup, roll or put it on some lettuce leaves, for example.

Our waiter suggested we add bread and that was just excellent. I had a really enjoyable time, but I'm not a fan of putting together my own food and would just rather order off the menu and have an experienced chef put flavors together for me. Luckily, there are a few suggested recipes at the table for crazy people like myself, so I was able to follow that and things turned out just fine :)

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Wasn't busy for lunch yet the waiter who worked so hard to sell us on two orders of appetizers completely forgot to put them in, although he was a nice guy.

We didn't get our drinks until 10 minutes after ordering, (cokes, waters, teas, etc).

The stirfry was cooked until it was pretty dry even when using the amount of recommended sauce.

I really hate to admit since it's in the posh downtown area of Naperville, but I'd take BD's over this place any day.

Hope you give it a fair chance and have a better experience!