“A splendid hotel, tucked off the main road”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
“A splendid hotel, tucked off the main road”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

A top notch stay at the Fairfield Inn and suites. Comfortable rooms, very stylish, and a great area for breakfast too.

It's a tad bit difficult to navigate and find off the main road.
So give yourself an extra couple of minutes.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mattoon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spent a Saturday night here in early August. Didn't spend much time at the hotel other than sleeping. The room was clean and the staff was courteous. We did not partake in the free breakfast but it looked good. Would recommend to a friend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mt. Clemens
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was not the first Fairfield Inn we've stayed at. This one needs a little help with the continental breakfast they offer. Very disorganized, everything kept running out, people were waiting for eggs and sausage; one worker was in charge of it and was completely overwhelmed. Finally left and ate at the airport.

The phone in our room didn't work.

Aside from these 2 things, the place was fine, clean and presentable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Rob768,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found it to be clean and presentable. I'm very sorry that you were unable to enjoy your breakfast and that the phone in your room didn't work. I will address both of these concerns with my staff to ensure they are fixed right away. I hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests you will choose the Fairfield Inn & Suites Naperville the next time you find yourself in the area.

Matt H.
Glendale AZ
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were forced to make last minute hotel arraingments due to a family funeral. Fairfield staff was more than accomodating. Our flight from Phoenix didn't arrive in Chicago until midnight, and by the time we picked up our rental car and got to the hotel it was 2:30 AM. Knowing Marriott like I do, I knew the front desk staff would be helpful, and I was not disappointed.The hotel itself was spotless and our room very comfortable. The only disappointing factor was breakfast. Yuk! Typical breakfast of overly salty powdered eggs. I also found some curdled milk in the refrigerator. Overall I'd give this hotel 4 stars, and will continue to stay at Marriotts whenever I can.

Room Tip: This hotel is located just off of the tollway, so if traffic noise keeps you awake, choose another h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Danville, IL
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night July 13, 2013. We found it to be nice and clean. It was newly renovated and I have no idea what it was like before. It's in great shape now.

Negatives: 1. Front desk clerk gave us keys to a room that was occupied. Glad they had the security lock on. 2. The A/C fan ran all the time. This was not so bad as it acted like white noise.

We had a King Suite. It was roomy and everything was brand new. There are two TVs though they are only 15 feet apart and there's no room divider. There is a nice work desk and chair along with a sofa bed. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was good size.

There is a pool and hot tub though we did not use them. There is free breakfast and a Cracker Barrel right next door.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank moedog56
West of Philly
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Naperville was comfortable, fairly quiet, and uneventful - all good things when you are just looking for a place to stay to get a night's sleep, take a shower, and get a bite to eat on the way out in the morning. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was spic and span. There was a slight amount of road noise from the freeway but it only became audible after I awakened - it did not prevent me from staying asleep.

The breakfast was actually a little better than I expected - the coffee was rich like I like it and there were a variety of fresh pastries, fruit, and even some biscuit-bacon-egg sandwiches that you heat in the microwave. The bacon was a little "stringy" but not intolerable.

All-in-all a good stay and as long as the price continues to be very competitive I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had a pleasant stay here and the staff here ensured that I had a good experience. However, at this time there is a renovation going on in the hotel. There is limited parking in front of the hotel and a few out of that were taken up by the construction. Breakfast options were good, rooms were clean and spacious. One other issue was that the hotel is hard to find. It is behind a few offices and there is no proper signage to get to it. So I had to go around a couple of times. I have given the property a 3/5 only because of the renovation going on and the fact that it is hard to find, else it qualifies for a 4/5. Once the renovation is done, it would be a good hotel to stay I guess.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business