Traveling with my sister, her daughter, and my infant child, I needed to book a hotel that would provide a bigger-than-average room with more than one bed, as well as a kitchenette. I booked our 3 night stay through Priceline, and from the description, Extended Stay America Naperville East seemed to be perfect for us. Our "king suite" included a king sized bed, a full size pull out couch, and a kitchen.
Upon arrival, we were immediately disappointed. Here's the rundown of what failed to meet our expectations:
-Staff was fine, but certainly not friendly or welcoming. I called in advance to see if they had cribs or bassinets on site that I could use, and was told that they didn't have anything like that, but instead: "There is a Target close by and you could go buy one there if you wanted." Are you kidding me?
-We were told upon check in that as we were staying under 8 days, we would not receive housekeeping during our stay. I've stayed at other "long term stay" type hotels, and never had this policy. It wasn't a big deal for us, but it is worth noting. I would have at least appreciated the trash to be emptied every day! (esp. as ours was filled with diapers!)
-The whole hotel smelled. Badly. Our hallway - despite having all non-smoking rooms - smelled like smoke. Our room smelled musty and stale. We spent minimal time in the room (really just for sleeping) and since the entire hotel had a bad odor, I didn't think requesting a room change would do any good.
-The room, despite it's promising description, was pretty cramped. Once the pull out couch was pulled out, there was hardly any room to walk around.
-The bed had lots of pillows (yay!) but was pretty lumpy and, simply put, not the most comfortable bed I've ever used.
-The bathroom was outdated, ugly, and in poor condition. There was a chip out of the toilet seat. The towels were rough and SMALL. The shower got nice and hot, but it always, always made a high pitched whistle sound - no matter how I positioned the handle.
- Heating was off kilter. When we arrived, the room felt like a sauna. The heat was turned on "low", yet the room was boiling hot. We turned the heat off completely (it took all night to cool down to about 72 degrees) for our entire stay.
-The entrance doors randomly lock. We were locked out of the hotel one evening (around 10 pm, not super late) and couldn't get anyone to let us in for a few minutes. Not even our room key would get us in. The employee who eventually let us in said, "That's weird, I wonder how it got locked?" Um...
-WiFi is provided but the signal is WEAK.
Ok, so it wasn't all bad. There was free breakfast provided (very simple but still nice: coffee, hot chocolate, granola bars, oatmeal, apples). The kitchen in the room was fully functional and a great resource. My sister noted that the TV in the room - a nice new flatscreen - was probably the best feature (bummer for us as we only watched a total of 20 minutes, of Sesame Street, no less, as we were packing up to leave).
Even booking through Priceline, it wasn't that cheap (still about $90/day for our "king suite", the most expensive room). With all the other options in the Wheaton/Naperville area, I wouldn't stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Chicago - Naperville Hotel Naperville
- Homestead Studio Suites Naperville
- Naperville Homestead Suites