“What a Disappointment”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington/Jefferson
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We went on a Tuesday evening so it wasn't crowded at all, the service was fine. We ordered the Southern Nachos and couldn't believe when it came with the cheese sauce I get on nachos from a high school concession stand. I expected real cheese from a restaurant of this quality. We also ordered a couple of mixed drinks at $9 ( which I would expect to pay) but then there was an extra $2 charge per drink for rocks! First I didn't even ask for it on the rocks, but how can you live with yourself charging $2 for a half a glass of ice cubes? We eat out very frequently, but will take our business elsewhere.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We went on a Saturday, around dinner time - 5:30 - 6 pm. It was not yet crowded. We were quickly taken to a table upstairs, thankfully. The downstairs is very loud, and upstairs is a bit more subdued - but still noisy. Service was slow, and we had to remind our server multiple times for drink refills. Food was good, average burger. Try the Buffalo Chicken sandwich on Ciabatta bread - very good. This is a nice restaurant when it's not too crowded. At night it's very much a bar, with loud music and tons of people. Overall, a good place to try for dinner, and I'd go again, but it won't be added to our list of regulars.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My party of 4 visitied on a Sunday for lunch. Unlike the weekend nights this place is clearly designed for, Sunday found the place empty. For most of our meal we were the only people eating at a table with just one or two other singles hanging at the bar.

There are multiple floors and a rooftop, but we stayed on the ground floor. Unfortunately, there are TVs everywhere including each booth. We turned ours off as we were there to eat, not wacth TV. Such is life in a sports bar, but with the upscale decor and sandwich and entree prices all $10-30, you'd think they could tone it down just a bit.

The food is burgers, flatbreads, salads, and a few other entrees. Nothing special or unique on paper.

I had a Prime Rib Sandwich that was excellent. Others had a Tilapia sandwich special that was good, while the Pulled Pork sandwich was a little sweet and lacked necessary spice. The fries are lightly coated with something similar to tempura and are excellent.

The server was just okay - I hate it when they read the specials to you rather than actually memorizing 4 items, 2 of which are soup. She didn't make any mistakes and did her job well. Given that we were her only table, it wasn't much of a test.

The bartender needs training. This is not really a surprise as I am sure 90% of her time is spent filling beer and wine orders, but still...

One member of our group ordered a Mojito which tasted like sugared lime-water with mint just thrown in and no rum anywhere in evidence. When a request was made for an additional shot to be added, the manager came over. She was very pleasant and stated that she liked Mojitos too, and would make a proper one to see if that was okay. It was! The manager clearly understood what the drink should taste like and was very eager to see us happy.

All in all, this is a good place for lunch in downtown Naperville. Given comments from other locals i know, I would not expect to go there any other time due to the loud sports bar crowd this place normally caters to on nights and weekends.

3  Thank Thaumaturge
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We've eaten here twice now but we go upstairs. It's not too noisy up there & the atmosphere is very pleasant. Will go back again and request up stairs.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

Went here for a training/seminar and the staff was very attentive. I love the shrimp that was served with the ranch (i think) dressing. and will come back to have some fun.