“Great course terrible staff”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Springbrook Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: An 18-hole, par 72-championship layout with mature trees and foliage that is a challenging experience for players of all levels. Also includes natural turf driving range, short game practice area, two practice putting greens, golf lessons for kids and adults, and a clubhouse with food service and a golf shop.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great course, lots of beauty and great greens, the staff is rude, except for a few nice people who work there the starter Tom is brutal, and going into the snack shop is a nightmare I wish it was different but it seems every time we go there, it's the same old song and dance. If u want nice folks and a great snack shop head down to naperbrok.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Springbrook is the more centrally located of the 2 public courses owned by the Naperville Park District. Because of this, it is also way more crowded and charges a few dollars more than Naperbrook.

While Springbrook is generally well maintained, it is subject to nasty spots during wet periods. Just about all holes are tree-lined with little water to worry about. While pretty enough, I find Springbrook to be somewhat monotonous in character with all but a few holes feeling like all the rest. Oh, and forget about playing in the fall as they do a lousy job of blowing the copious amount of leaves off the course. I actually lost a ball in the middle of a fairway there.

The practice facilities are nice enough with a separate practice green with bunkers located at the back of the parking lot near the 10th tee being my favorite. The range however, is a nightmare as it faces due west into the afternoon sun (and prevailing winds), and any slices will likely head over the berm onto a nearby public road.

The staff at Springbrook is generally inept or even nasty. A couple of the ranger/starters are great, but just about everone else could use training in customer service or different jobs. I have never once had a speedy experience paying in the pro shop and have had more than one ridiculous encounter with a ranger. Once guy BS'ing with his senior buddies tried to be a big man on campus by telling me to move my cart onto the path when a whole 3" of one tire was off the pavement on the grass/dirt near a green. I won't repeat all of what I told him, but it started with "are you kidding me?"

I play Springbrook about once each year just to remind myself why I go to Naperbrook instead when playing golf in Naperville.

I recommend you drive a couple miles south to Naperbrook.

1  Thank Thaumaturge
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Well maintained. Good staff. Pace of play policy keeps you moving along at a good rate. As good as many private courses.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I occasionally play at Springbrook in the winter (when it gets above 35 degrees) as my own course remains closed until spring. It is a good test and has some difficult holes. The cost is reasonable for seniors, even without the discount book. Greens are subtle rather than 'tricked-up', but there are very few flat areas. Tee boxes need some work, but it is still early in the season. I prefer Springbrook to Naperbrook and Tamarak, but prefer Fox Bend in Oswego and Heritage Bluffs in Channahon to Springbrook.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I always enjoy this public course - it has been in good shape and better than your average municipal course. There are other nearby courses that have more interesting holes, but for a casual round, it is a nice course. Most should find it between very good and average.

2  Thank WCWIII