“Very good Service and a great atmosphere”

The White Chocolate Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Chocolate Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 457 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Freedom Dr. & Diehl Rd. (I-88 Naperville Exit)
Reviewed November 14, 2013

It was Wednesday night and we were on our way home from a play and decided to stop for dinner. We did not have reservations and decided on the White Chocolate Grill.
When we walked in, the woman at the desk told me 15 to 20 minutes of wait time. I know what that means in restaurant time .... 35 to 40 minutes. My wife wanted to try it out so we put our name in and went to the bar. My wife had a pinot grigio and I had a shelf martini.
The wait was over 30 minutes.
We were seated at a nice table and the wait staff was excellent throughout the meal. I ordered the simple arugula salad. my wife had a field green salad. She thought hers was good, I thought mine could be improved.
My wife ordered the prime rib, which was excellent. I ordered the parmesan crusted fillet.
The parmesan was to salty, but the fillet was very good.
I admit that I am a cheapskate. When the cost of a meal reaches over $100.00, I get picky.
Having said that, I can't say anything bad about the restaurant. The service was as good as I have ever seen at a restaurant. The food was good, but I have had a better overall experience at places for less money.
I guess it's the Naperville aura. But I would think twice about going back.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I have been here twice. The first time when it opened and my wife's salad had a bug in it. Being the forgiving people we are, we decided last night to try it again. The food remains average with tough overcooked meat and salt added everywhere in an attempt to create flavor. While our waiter was terrific and cordial, it was blatantly obvious the hostess staff was completely overwhelmed and inadequate in managing tables. We felt so sorry for some of the larger parties being treated with such little respect. When ownership realizes that staff management needs to be trained properly in acknowledging issues and correcting them rather then handing out expired courtesy discount cards, my wife and I will come back for a third time.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our party of 5 was there at 6:30 pm Saturday night. Very crowded, but we were seated in 35 minutes. We placed our order, and 3 of our party ordered sandwiches - which were very good. Two of us ordered salads, which came about 5 minutes after the sandwiches. Our waitress apologized for the delay, and right after she delivered our salads, the manager came over and apologized, and for our wait (which was hardly even one) he gave us each a complimentary dessert. That is great customer service, which doesn't happen very often anymore!! Our food was very good, but the pumpkin cheesecake and the warm apple pie a la mode were to die for!! I was definitely the best pumpkin cheesecake we have ever had (U had to share), and we are all pumpkin lovers!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

If you like a good French dip sandwich, this is the place to go. The beef is truly amazing. Each time I visit this restaurant I think I'm going to try something else but keep getting the French dip.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We never miss an opportunity to eat at WhiteChocolate Grill when we visit Naperville. The food and service are always great. The have a gluten free menu and re always very accommodating with my son's multiple food allergies. They will also speed things up so you won't miss your flight.

Been to The White Chocolate Grill? Share your experiences!