“Unusual name, very good food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The White Chocolate Grill

The White Chocolate Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Chocolate Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 441 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Freedom Dr. & Diehl Rd. (I-88 Naperville Exit)
Cape Coral, Florida
“Unusual name, very good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our friends picked this restaurant while we were visiting them from out of state. I couldn't imagine what this place would be like with a name like this. The restaurant was a little dark for 4 pm ( they kept the shutters closed) the appetizer choices were a little off the beaten path. They did however have a nice gluten free menu selection. There were 6 of us and we each had a different entree. The food arrived hot and very tasty. They offer generous portions so although their dessert menu looked great, we were stuffed!

Visited May 2013

chicago
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The restaurant was very inviting and the food was excellent. We did not have drinks but the set up of the beautiful bar was so inviting until we almost ordered drinks. Our waitress was great and each time we left the table she folded our napkins back to the original form. We had the roasted chicken and after the salad we couldn't eat it all. They don't have a lunch menu but the prices are the same and they are reasonable.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Arrogant Servers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Visited the White Chocolate Grill because it was near our hotel. Food was excellent. We had the pulled pork sandwhich and the combo chicken/rib plate. The honeyed carrots are fantastic. However we found the wait staff to be arrogant. All we wanted was a refill on our coffee. Every request to a passing server was met by a blank stare. Wasn't like they were busy, the establishment was only half filled
Also, as noted by others, the noise level in the restaurant was extremely high.
Finally, large parties beware - it appears that there are no tables only booths. We saw a large group squeezed into one booth.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mikejack52pe
Cindy Price
“More ups than downs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I made my first visit to the White Chocolate Grill on Mother's Day 2013. Dining with me were my mother and teen daughter (she had been to WCG one other time with friends). We had reservations for 2 p.m., and despite all the people waiting, we were seated on time. Like stated in some other WCG reviews, the place is NOISY, so if that bothers you a lot, this isn't the place for you. The atmosphere is pretty neat, very modern. We did not get appetizers, but my daughter and I had diet sodas and my mom a tea. She said the iced tea was very good. Refills were free and were fast in arriving, and I like that. Nothing worse than being thirsty while you eat. I ordered the broasted chicken with fries (they brag on the menu about their awesome fries, home cut for three hours each day, so I HAD to try them!!), my mom got the pork loin with fries and my daughter had the steak salad. We were all pleased with the food, not over the top, but pleased. There weren't a whole lot of fries. I NEVER finish my fries and I did finish these. Too bad, too, because they were really good! My chicken consisted of three pieces, kind of small pieces. I think it was a leg, thigh and breast. VERY moist and tasty. It came with a small cup of what they called something like mushroom dipping sauce. It was just a brown liquid, clearish, and only tasted like salt, VERY salty... no mushroom taste. I would say the wait time for the meals was a little long, but it was a busy "holiday" day so I would not complain about the wait for the main courses. We had heard the desserts were good, and from the start we decided to order them. Despite the menus notation that they are "desserts for two," we all wanted something different so we each had our own. I had the apple pie, my mom had the banana cream pie and my daughter had the cheesecake. And YES, I agree! These are definitely portions for two! The cheesecake slice was MONSTROUS, drizzled with some white chocolate shavings and raspberry sauce. My apple pie was just OK, only because I am an apple pie snob, and I prefer old-fashioned apple pie. This was not pie, it was more laid out like a pizza crust, kind of like a pizza for one size, but it was a pastry crust, like a croissant type of pastry, very flaky. The apple topping was spread across the pastry dough, not at all pie form. There was a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I wish I had been given some white chocolate shavings on mine. Maybe it was an oversight? It seemed all desserts came with them, not mine. Again, too bad, because I tried some of my mom's white chocolate shavings and they melted right in your mouth. YUM!!!!! I will add our desserts took FOREVER! I would say it was EASILY a half hour, which is VERY odd when dining out. BUT, the table next to us got theirs in less than 5 min., so not sure what was going on. They did apologize. As far as cost, for the three of us, out the door with tax and tip, was $100 exactly. My meal was $16.99 I think, so was my mom's, and my daughter's was $14.99 (give or take a bit...) and these were probably mid-range prices on the menu, we each had a pop/tea, my mom had a coffee with dessert and then $7.99 for each dessert. The total bill was $85 and some change, and I left the rest (equalling $100) as a tip. I would definitely go again, but probably only for a special occasion, and I would try something else, because a lot of the menu items sounded good. I will also note, I did not see any kids' meal options, and there were few, if any, kids in the restaurant. I don't think there is an entree under $11.99, and those are burgers and sandwiches, so maybe not the best place to take kids who don't eat much. Sorry for the detail, but I don't know what is important to review readers and I wanted to cover all the bases!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cici23
North Aurora, Illinois
“Always good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Love the food and very impressed with the desserts! Nothing tastes better than a blonde-brownie white chocolate ice cream dessert. You gotta try it to believe it! It says dessert for two, but I would think twice in sharing this dessert!

Visited February 2013