“Just Visiting”
Review of Jimmy's Grill

Jimmy's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 461 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My son and I were attending an event in a nearby community when a waiter at a restaurant suggested we go to Jimmy's. Good choice. Beautiful May evening so we sat on the patio. We had a great time meeting some of the local people and trying some of the beers not available in our home area. All the staff were friendly and ensured a fun night out. Live music, people watching, smart staff folks too. Seemed to be a safe and friendly area to us. If I lived there I would put Jimmy's on a list of places to go and often.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went to one of our favorite downtown Naperville restaurants for pub food and it was not up to par. We ate outside on the patio and that was and is always a great place to enjoy life. However, something happened to their menu. Choices were few compared to the past and some of our favorite menu items are no longer available, e.g. bacon wrapped shrimp to name one. I know menus change, but this was a total redo and far fewer selections are offered.

OK, this may not be the fault of the restaurant, but the power went out every few minutes which shut down their kitchen, cash registers, music, etc. The service obviously suffered and when the food arrived it was not warm. Also, as one other reviewer noted, items on the menu and some beer choices were already out and we were there for an early, 6pm dinner.

We will not give up on Jimmy's yet, but miss their menu choices and their wine specials with 1/2 priced bottles on certain nights. That was too good to last. Love their outdoor atmosphere so please don't let this gem go down hill.

5  Thank Chris H
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Was really looking forward to eating at Jimmy's as there's new management & menu. New booths inside, palm trees & high tables/chairs added to the outside patio.
Perhaps not fair to judge them on a Mother's Day visit but food was mediocre at best. It was raining in the evening so we couldn't take advantage of the wonderful outside patio that's usually full on good weather days. We were seated inside & since it was later in the evening, many items which we had ordered were sold out .....but shouldn't you expect a full house on a holiday & plan accordingly??
I had the Korean Lettuce wraps, a big disappointment, it tasted like greasy pot roast. My daughter wanted tuna, but they were out so she had to have a salad w/shrimp. There was a $5 charge for adding shrimp...seemed rather pricey for a few shrimp.
Don't want to throw in the towel on this place yet, will give them another try. Still a great place for a beer & burger especially on the patio - great people watching.

2  Thank meow88
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great bar atmosphere. Tables, bar area, outdoor seating. TV's all over. Grilled stuffed Jalapeño appetizer fantastic. I thought I was ordering a sandwich then the waiter asked would you like beef or chicken.....Burger on top of my order....fantastic. All good. Great location. Not the place to have family dinner, this is the place to stop in with friends and have some drinks and great food. Neat history if you look around the building. Built out of an old service station. Some remains still intact. 2nd visit. Would recommend to anyone passing through.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Though the staff is young, they have the right training! Outstanding attentive service, even though it was a very busy Saturday with beautiful weather with a packed patio. My beer was cold and my Blue Horse Burger was excellent. The right amount of blue cheese blended with a hint of horseradish and string onions, cooked to a perfect pink medium and an appropriate bun.

Quick service and patient staff lead to a very enjoyable meal in trendy downtown Naperville.

Jimmy, keep doing what your doing and I'll be back many times!!!