“Delicious!”
Review of Macarena Tapas

Macarena Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Macarena Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 451 Restaurants in Naperville
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Aurora Ave
Description: Macarena Tapas was opened by Executive Chef John Borras in 2007. Whith an emphasis on traditional yet creative Spanish tapas cuisine, the menu incorporates both classic favorites and original new dishes. Macarena has a contemporary flare, but encompasses a welcoming, traditional Spanish tapas atmosphere.
Naperville, Illinois
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Excellent food at a reasonable price. Location is in a non-descript strip mall so ambience could be better.

Visited April 2012

NAPERVILLE
“Better than Spain”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We love tapas and tried this restaurant for the first time in April 2012. It was beyond expectations. The queso de cabra. a staple of tapas places, was easily the best we had ever tasted. The portions were quite generous, seeing this was a tapas (small plate) restaurant. My wife and I shared 5 plates plus a dessert and a carafe of sangria. Standout was the scallops wrapped in bacon, but everything was very good. The chef/owner comes out to see the patrons when things quiet down, and it was interesting to hear him explain his philosophy of cooking.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank MidwestTraveler54
Chicago, Illinois
“The food says it all---Supberb!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The place is very small; maybe 15 tables tops, and only one seats 6, although I'd sure they can change that up as needs change. The food was spectacular. My husband and I ordered 4 tapas to share. His favorite was the bacon wrapped dates. For me, it was the sliders, followed by the beef skewers for both of us. We ordered the garlic shrimp. I was hopeful and they smelled just awesome. The only thing was, the flavor got diluted as you had to peel the whole thing before diving in. I'd have enjoyed it far more had the chef just left the tails on. They were still yummy, but I'm a garlic lover. Other reviewers who commented on the water have been heard, as we were given a carafe of it. We will definitely be back. Don't bring the kids; it's just too small and you will get stressed.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank traveler2030
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Exceptional”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Food was excellent. We had the hamburger sliders, BBQ pork on crostini, and bacon wrapped dates. The sliders were the best I have had anywhere. The waiter was very personable. Great restaurant, reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Tracy H
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Good little place for tapas”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I visited Macarena on a Sat night and did make a rsvp prior. It was pretty busy but we were seated promptly. The place is small and in a plaza but it was nice inside. The waiter came right over and was very friendly. We ordered the spinach salad and goat cheese fritters to start. Both were nice and we continued with the crab cakes (average) and pulled pork (average). We then got the caprese salad (good) and bacon wrapped dates w/honey (average). We finished with the choc. covered dates wrapped with cotton candy (very good). We also had a carafe of sangria which was good and got us through the whole meal.
They had a guitarist and flamenco dancer perform twice - they were good and it was a nice touch!
Overall good experience and will return to try a few more dishes before passing final judgement.

• Visited October 2011