“Pizza Done Right!”

Little Italian Pizza
Ranked #62 of 443 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Bar, Italian, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pizza Done Right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

If you're in the mood for Italian fine dining this ain't it.

If you want an amazing pizza, Little Italian is the place! My family has been going to Little Italian (well... usually getting a pizza for pick-up) since I was a little kid, so I've probably eaten well over 100 of these pies and I keep going back for more. Chicago area pizza restaurants have great non-deep-dish pizza, and this is a prime example of that. I'd say it's a little better than Jake's or Aurelio's and on par with the classic Uncle Pete's.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank bhamcubfan

USA
“Do Not Eat Here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

PLEASE, do not eat here! This place is horrible! Upon arrival, the host seated us and we sat there for 30 minutes before we finally flagged a bus boy down and asked if someone would come take our order. A server came over - not our server - but another server to let us know that OUR server would be right with us. Well, 10 minutes later, she finally decided we were worth her time. ABSOLUTLY UNACCEPTABLE! Had it not been so late in the evening, we would have left to find another restaurant but none would have been open at that time of night.

The food was DISGUSTING! The pasta dish I ordered didn’t even have sauce in it. Supposedly, meat sauce would have some sort of tomato base to it but there wasn’t an ounce of red sauce in it! It was like eating dry pasta! The meat fell off the pasta and the noodle was completely white – not a speck of red sauce to be found!!! Not to mention the noodles were EXTREMELY overcooked…they turned to mush because they were soooooo soft.

At the end of the most disgusting meal of my life, we asked to speak with the person in charge. In an effort to provide some constructive criticism, we told him how unhappy we were with the service and the meal and why. Not only was the owner a jerk and arrogant son of a [-], but he had the audacity to talk down to me!!! In no uncertain terms he basically told me that the “customer is NOT right” and refused to accommodate us whatsoever all the while defending himself and the restaurant! Not an apology, not a reduction in cost for the poor food and service, NOTHING!

My recommendation, if you’re in the mood for Italian food in Naperville, go to La Sorella Di Francesca at 18 West Jefferson Avenue or Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano at 2752 Show Place Drive. Both restaurants serve 5 star quality food and provide extraordinary service at a reasonable price. With so many other amazing Italian restaurants in Naperville, this place should be out of business!

3 Thank graysshell1
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best pizza I've had anywhere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2008

Best pizza I've had anywhere.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook