“Good local "joint"”
Review of Midland Inn

Midland Inn
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Murphysboro
Cuisines: American
Description: Casual atmosphere, reasonable prices, good food, and FAMOUS for our margaritas!! Kitchen closes early, but the bar stays open until 2am as needed Mon-Sat!
Indiana
“Good local "joint"”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Great food, and I mean really great!
The place is so close to being excellent, and could score same if only they had a broader selction,of draft beers, and knew what a proper pint is all about.
I mean, how bland, and how small can a draft beer become.. yuck !?

Mount Vernon, Illinois
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

It looks like a dive from the outside, but the food is delicious. It is a very casual atmosphere. It is a fun place to eat. I wish they would renovate the bathrooms.

Visited August 2012
Framingham, MA
“Worth The Hunt!!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The locals will probably kill me for this, but if you're looking for a fun restaurant with great food and good prices, take the time to find this place! Don't let them keep it hidden all for themselves! I was lucky enough to be taken there by some family, and it was beyond my expectations! It was packed on the night we went, even though it was the middle of the week! A short wait and there we were, sipping excellent margaritas and being served. Most of our party had the special, half a fried chicken, but I went for the Mexican food. I lived in Texas 8 years, and I lived with a Mexican family, so I KNOW good, authentic Mexican food. This was it. I was sooooo happy! So were the folks who ordered the chicken. The chicken was tasty & crispy and there was so much that everyone had a "to go" carton. What a super night it was!

And the place was FULL of local flavor... right up to the guy who rode up on horseback and tied up to the outside dining area. That's right! We thought we were seeing things at first, until our most engaging waitress explained that he rides up because of "too many DUIs." ;-)

GO! Find it! Don't be afraid... it's SO worth the hunt!

Visited July 2012