“Okay stay”

Super 8 Mundelein/Libertyville Area
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mundelein
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was looking for a cheap, pet friendly, clean motel in the area. Hallways smelled of smoke but room did not. When I called they gave me a higher rate than what I could find online. Thanks to other reviewers, I checked my bill at check-out and was able to request the safe charge to be removed. It is a basic motel, but it served my needs and it was quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WItraveler00

Reviewed September 3, 2012

staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were cheap. Very quiet. Only thing missing was a pool. Breakfast was nice make ur own waffles. Cinnamon buns were good. Staff knew a lot about area. Planning to visit Chicago. had to take so many buses and trains and water taxis. too far to chicago

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jess V
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I picked this hotel because of the good reviews on trip adviser. I was impressed from the time I checked in through the time I checked out. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The location was good. Breakfast was better than I thought it would be. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is about 20 minutes from Six Flags Great America. It is well worth staying here instead...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank love-to-travel-1175
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed for one night. I planned to go to Wisconsin so I booked this room ahead of time. I received the 15% discount for booking early. It fit my needs for the one night. Room was clean, no issues. I did smell smoke in the hallways so I assume it was from other rooms. Rooms are not marked smoking or non smoking. I requested a nonsmoking room and it appeared that what it was. The continental breakfast was "OK". Nothing more, nothing less. The surrounding area of the motel seems to be very nice. There are a number of places to eat nearby. For the price it fit my needs. One issue, I reviewed my bill once I was home and did see the $1.50 "fee" for use of the inroom safe. I plan on getting credit. Check your bill before you leave.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank derayjr
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Yes this property is a bit older but I sincerely doubt that you will find a more dedicated staff and sincere service attitudes in the whole area. We stay here at least once a month for business and the room is always clean, continental breakfast fresh and the service impeccable. The manager, Mr Shah, assistant manager, Brej, and night man, Sid are all professional, kind and service oriented. I highly recommend the facility and breakfast. Great job gentlemen.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank geoandsusan
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights, and were disappointed. The building is old and the rooms are not very clean. There was a reading light on only one side of the queen size bed. There were almost no electrical outlets, and we had to charge cell phones next to the bathroom sink. The smell of smoke was unavoidable, and the desk only could provide one key to the room. Never again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed January 28, 2012

It was a satisfactory hotel. The room and bathroom were clean (believe me - once you stay in a hotel with bedbugs you search thoroughly). There were no bugs, no cobwebs, no mold in the bathtub or sink, no dust, clean microwave and fridge. It's not The Ritz. The bedding has been washed many times and is a little worn. But, it’s been washed! The walls have some dents and scratches. There is no pool, no workout room. There's a computer available for public use on a small desk in the hallway on the first floor. But, if you're looking for a decent place to sleep and don't want to spend a fortune - this is it! I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Whitney F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mundelein
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake

Been to Super 8 Mundelein/Libertyville Area? Share your experiences!