“Typical property but nice staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mundelein
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here one night unexpectedly because my room at the DoubleTree across the street was not available. Young lady at check in was pleasant. Quick check in. Room is typical Comfort Inn. Room is clean, no mildew in shower. Some cigarette burns on carpet and counter but room did not smell like smoke. Walls are thin. You get what you pay for. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
NewMidwestHotels, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

BenC – Thank you for being our guest & sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about our staff’s friendliness & cleanliness of the hotel. We hope you thinking of us again on your next trip to Lake County!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while attending a funeral for a family member, and we were less than impressed. I was optimistic due to past experiences with Choice Hotels, but this place was not up to par for me. The front desk staff was extremely nice, I will say, but the first room we were given had a weird smell in it. It wasn't strong at all, but it honestly smelled like a skunk. The desk clerk gladly and quickly gave us another room free of any skunk smell, but we later noticed a spot in the room that had an unpleasant odor coming up from the carpet. It wasn't frequent enough to really bother us, but it did point to the lack of upkeep of the room. It was pretty cold when we got in the room as well. I'm all for saving energy, but this seemed like a bit much for a hotel, and it took a while for the old heater to warm the room up. We also were invited to something of a treasure hunt for various hairs in the bathroom (all from the scalp) as we settled in. The breakfast wasn't bad, but I was very disappointed in the cleanliness and the building's condition.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NewMidwestHotels, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Joe P
We truly appreciate that you have taken time to review your stay with us and sincerely apologize for the problems that you experienced. We are looking into the room temperature problems and have addressed the housekeeping issues with our staff. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we look forward to improving our service during your next stay.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Booked two rooms at this Comfort Inn as we had business in the area. Arrived to be told there was only one room available. We were asked if we could share that room - we are coworkers, not family, so no.
The two rooms eventually were given to us after 20 minutes at the Front Desk, but one was a smoking room that smelled so bad we suspect it made sleeping difficult.
Front Desk was pleasant, and I realize it was not his fault, but not having the rooms we booked available is unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ComfortMundelein, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

LiveToTravel999 - Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you had with your reservations. We appreciate your willingness to alert us to the issues you had. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and customer service. Smoking rooms do pose a challenge for non-smoking guests and we sympathize with your situation. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed in many Comfort Inn & Suites; there's a quality that I have come to expect when I stay in one of their hotels - but there's not much for me to find favorable about this property.

Quoting from the website:
"From the moment you arrive at Comfort Inn, we want you to relax and feel at home. Our helpful staff is there to welcome you, and you'll find everything to suit your needs, including:

Clean, comfortable and well-appointed rooms
Cozy beds"

This location did not live up to that pledge.

1. Be warned - this hotel does not enforce it's non-smoking policy. The stairwell and my room reeked of smoke. I cut my stay short and checked out early the next morning. I had to wash all of my clothes the next day because I could still smell the smoke.

2. The mattress was HARD. I usually love the comfy beds at Comfort Inns. This was anything BUT comfortable. Additionally - as someone else mentioned, the air conditioning unit was VERY loud - and between cycles, when my unit was quiet, I could hear the units on either side of me. I am not a light sleeper so this was ridiculous.

3. This is an old property that is in desperate need of refurbishing.

4. The side parking lot is pitch black at night; zero lighting - UNSAFE.

5. There was no "helpful staff waiting to welcome" me. On the contrary, no one was at the front desk when I arrived. I waited about 5 minutes when a gentleman came running in the side door to check me in.

6. This was the worst quality of any hotel, any chain, that I have stayed at in many years. (And I travel on business regularly). Normally, I can expect rooms at Comfort Inns & Suites to be large, clean and comfortable. This property didn't meet any of that criteria.

Room Tip: I recommend you stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

SnappyG - We are so sorry to hear of your negative experience at our hotel. We will address your concerns with the staff and take corrective action. The hotel is excited to announce that we will be undergoing a property wide renovation early 2013. We are confident that the upgrades the hotel will experience will allow us to fully live up to our pledge for your future stays. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed with wife and 2 children (4 & 2) in a double queen room. Bit tight especially the bathroom. The room needs a refurb but was very clean and functional. WiFi was included as was breakfast and use of gym ( treadmill and weights machine). Also hotel has washer and dryer for a use at a small fee. The thing that made this 4 stars was the service of the staff..absolutely fantastic..very friendly and helpful. Like the title says for the price was very good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your comments. It is always great to hear that our staff is providing exceptional service. We appreciate your suggestions on ways to improve the design of our guest rooms. We are glad to hear that you found our rates to be competitive in our area.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was alright, relatively comfortable. Front desk clerks at check in and check out were both not very professional. I called to try and get directions. He immediately picked up the phone and put me on hold, where I stayed for almost 10 minutes until I hung up. I called right back and he answered right away. Makes me wonder how long I would have stayed on hold, if I didn't hang up. At check out, the young lady was being rude and bossy to a gentleman. I certainly hope she was joking with someone she knew. Either way it was very unprofessional to do it in front of guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Karen,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate that you have pointed out an area that we can improve upon. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to us. Be assured that your issues will be addressed with the front desk staff and strategies to help improve service will be discussed. Thank you for staying with us!

Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Mostly clean, reasonably priced rooms. Stayed for a lacrosse tourney. Close to fields. Predictable, adequate breakfast. Internet spotty. Business center not functional - no Internet, printer didn't work. Front desk staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012

LOZ1217 - Thanks for returning to our hotel! We are happy that you appreciate the value our hotel offers. Its great to hear that you experienced great service from our staff too! We are looking into the problems that you pointed out as well. We look forward to seeing you again during your next lacrosse tournament.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mundelein
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area? Share your experiences!