“Convenient for Business in the area, but otherwise horrible”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mundelein
Chicago
“Convenient for Business in the area, but otherwise horrible”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Booked two rooms at this Comfort Inn as we had business in the area. Arrived to be told there was only one room available. We were asked if we could share that room - we are coworkers, not family, so no.
The two rooms eventually were given to us after 20 minutes at the Front Desk, but one was a smoking room that smelled so bad we suspect it made sleeping difficult.
Front Desk was pleasant, and I realize it was not his fault, but not having the rooms we booked available is unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ComfortMundelein, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
LiveToTravel999 - Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you had with your reservations. We appreciate your willingness to alert us to the issues you had. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and customer service. Smoking rooms do pose a challenge for non-smoking guests and we sympathize with your situation. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed in many Comfort Inn & Suites; there's a quality that I have come to expect when I stay in one of their hotels - but there's not much for me to find favorable about this property.

Quoting from the website:
"From the moment you arrive at Comfort Inn, we want you to relax and feel at home. Our helpful staff is there to welcome you, and you'll find everything to suit your needs, including:

Clean, comfortable and well-appointed rooms
Cozy beds"

This location did not live up to that pledge.

1. Be warned - this hotel does not enforce it's non-smoking policy. The stairwell and my room reeked of smoke. I cut my stay short and checked out early the next morning. I had to wash all of my clothes the next day because I could still smell the smoke.

2. The mattress was HARD. I usually love the comfy beds at Comfort Inns. This was anything BUT comfortable. Additionally - as someone else mentioned, the air conditioning unit was VERY loud - and between cycles, when my unit was quiet, I could hear the units on either side of me. I am not a light sleeper so this was ridiculous.

3. This is an old property that is in desperate need of refurbishing.

4. The side parking lot is pitch black at night; zero lighting - UNSAFE.

5. There was no "helpful staff waiting to welcome" me. On the contrary, no one was at the front desk when I arrived. I waited about 5 minutes when a gentleman came running in the side door to check me in.

6. This was the worst quality of any hotel, any chain, that I have stayed at in many years. (And I travel on business regularly). Normally, I can expect rooms at Comfort Inns & Suites to be large, clean and comfortable. This property didn't meet any of that criteria.

Room Tip: I recommend you stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SnappyG - We are so sorry to hear of your negative experience at our hotel. We will address your concerns with the staff and take corrective action. The hotel is excited to announce that we will be undergoing a property wide renovation early 2013. We are confident that the upgrades the hotel will experience will allow us to fully live up to our pledge for your future stays. Thank you for being our guest!
UK
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed with wife and 2 children (4 & 2) in a double queen room. Bit tight especially the bathroom. The room needs a refurb but was very clean and functional. WiFi was included as was breakfast and use of gym ( treadmill and weights machine). Also hotel has washer and dryer for a use at a small fee. The thing that made this 4 stars was the service of the staff..absolutely fantastic..very friendly and helpful. Like the title says for the price was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your comments. It is always great to hear that our staff is providing exceptional service. We appreciate your suggestions on ways to improve the design of our guest rooms. We are glad to hear that you found our rates to be competitive in our area.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was alright, relatively comfortable. Front desk clerks at check in and check out were both not very professional. I called to try and get directions. He immediately picked up the phone and put me on hold, where I stayed for almost 10 minutes until I hung up. I called right back and he answered right away. Makes me wonder how long I would have stayed on hold, if I didn't hang up. At check out, the young lady was being rude and bossy to a gentleman. I certainly hope she was joking with someone she knew. Either way it was very unprofessional to do it in front of guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Karen,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate that you have pointed out an area that we can improve upon. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to us. Be assured that your issues will be addressed with the front desk staff and strategies to help improve service will be discussed. Thank you for staying with us!

Comfort Inn & Suites Staff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Mostly clean, reasonably priced rooms. Stayed for a lacrosse tourney. Close to fields. Predictable, adequate breakfast. Internet spotty. Business center not functional - no Internet, printer didn't work. Front desk staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012
LOZ1217 - Thanks for returning to our hotel! We are happy that you appreciate the value our hotel offers. Its great to hear that you experienced great service from our staff too! We are looking into the problems that you pointed out as well. We look forward to seeing you again during your next lacrosse tournament.
Michigan
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This Comfort Inn is definitely an older property, but don't let that discourage you. As mentioned by others, the staff here is exceptionally friendly and helpful. I had booked a king suite and upon arrival walked into the "Oriental Escape". In my opinion, the decor is a little over the top, but at the end of the day, all that really matters is cleanliness, comfort and customer service. This hotel delivers the goods. It's also very close to shopping and restaurants. I enjoyed my stay here very much and would likely visit again. I'd like to reiterate that the front desk staff provided great customer service! (If I remember correctly Will was the young man who was very helpful to me on two occasions during my 3 night stay. I appreciated your help and our conversation. Hope you made it to Vegas! Good luck to you!)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kate A
Austin
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The front desk crew here really goes out of their way to accommodate their guests. 3/4 of them are friendly, cheerful and always smiling. The other .. just makes the first 3 look even better. :)

I've been staying here for business every week. There was a glitch in reservations one week, and the hotel staff gave ME a thank you card when it was resolved. That doesn't happen often!

I heartily recommend this hotel to you.

Room Tip: Rooms in the x01-x20 side tend to have better wireless connectivity and speeds than those on the oth...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mundelein
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area? Share your experiences!